Paddle faster...

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but it does look a little bit ridiculous as a gold pan... Who knows, maybe it works really well. How many times can they reinvent the wheel though? I've been using Garrett Gravity Traps for years and I don't think I've lost very much gold in the process. I am, however, kind of curious to see what kind of reviews this thing receives.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Normal pan is good enough for me...this looks like the aborted offspring of a small sluice and a normal pan.

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it is rather strange and probably awkward. A pan and a sluice are probably a better combo. :dontknow:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but it does look a little bit ridiculous as a gold pan... Who knows, maybe it works really well. How many times can they reinvent the wheel though? I've been using Garrett Gravity Traps for years and I don't think I've lost very much gold in the process. I am, however, kind of curious to see what kind of reviews this thing receives.

It does look ridiculous! However I have one of the prototypes (due to being friends with Red) and I can tell you it's fast and fun. Way faster than a normal production pan so a great tool for places you can't sluice (due to rules or conditions). They will start selling at the gold show in Vegas...end of April. Should have some good videos up soon too :)

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It does look ridiculous! However I have one of the prototypes (due to being friends with Red) and I can tell you it's fast and fun. Way faster than a normal production pan so a great tool for places you can't sluice (due to rules or conditions). They will start selling at the gold show in Vegas...end of April. Should have some good videos up soon too :)

Ah hah...never even thought of that...I guess there would be a niche market for places you can only pan. Interesting to hear that it works well!

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking that this may be an interesting substitute in places where sluices aren't allowed. It may serve useful at the end of a sluice as well.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am actually pretty surprised at the number of seasoned miners on here that are crapping on this design after nothing more than a taking quick glance at it.
Do you people remember the first thing that crossed your mind when you saw a gold cube? or a jig? Was your initial opinion right?

At least ONE person has to hold this in their hand before anyone can say it doesn't work.

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And having Kevins approval issomething. I can't wait to test this guy out. A pan and sluice combination. I think it's a wonderful idea. especially if your dealing with areas like mine where panning is the only thing your allowed to do. not just that if your actually prospecting and checking a new area you can still walk away with a nice bit of gold especially how fast it works and you don't have to classify if you watch the videos. instead of packing a sluice all day and killing your back you can just carry this then the next time you go up to that spot you can take the big equipment and really hit it.

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It looks ridiculous but the idea seems sound i would be interested to learn more about it, i won't knock it till i try it.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I get out Wednesday afternoon as I hope, then I'll get a chance to try Mike's technique...pics and maybe video to follow :)

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kevin. It really look like an interesting idea, who knows what might yield at the end of the day :thumbsup:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did try Mike's technique and can say I caught fine gold that way. Not sure which method is better...

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is Gold in them their pans,

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is an interesting design that ought to work well. My only concern is showing up in the mountains to meet my friends with something that will remind everyone of the movie Deliverance. LOL

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anything that will speed up the recovery process and anything that will work on minimal water in drier areas has promise I think.

I'll be checking it out at the Vegas gold show if my flight arrives early enough . . .

All the best,

Lanny

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm thinking about getting one of these...since I play the banjo...but I'm still kind of on the fence about it. I've been panning since I was a middle teen..now 56...not trying to soapbox here but I can pan fast and well and if I miss not saving any of the fine gold its because it's so small I don't see it. I watched the vids of Mike demonstrating it on the website and it looks to be a fast way to pan material but I noticed the capacity of it is smaller than any pans I have. That being said...I'm wondering just how much faster it would be compared to one of my full pans of material...as in...it looks like 2 full banjo pans of unclassified material to 1 of my full pans of unclassified material. Might get one and practice with it and do a head to head comparison using either my old steel pans or the plastic trap pans. Hmm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread