Looking for gold in maryland

Jeff-from-md

Apr 17, 2013
cecil county
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the upper right corner of Maryland Right on the pa line. I have been poking around streams here 1 bucket at a time. Can anyone around here give me any ideas of a place that might hold some color. I have 2 sluice boxes a bunch of pans and 2 metal detectors. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 kids and we want to get out and find some Gold. Thanks

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This shows historic mines according to the USGS...a good general guide. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426865473.779229.jpg

Note the one in central Baltimore was not a mine, it was a refinery :)

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say you can find gold in just about every creek or river in DC. I have a business trip in April to DC. I will give urban prospecting one hell of a shot

EricSch

Dec 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After some cursory research, I have found that any kind of creek/stream/river prospecting on State Land (parks and such) is illegal with no possibility of acquiring a permit. I would love to get some response to private land activities and where one can go in Maryland to do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread