Lets go dig up the streets!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am currently taking the college class Geological Mining History of the Motherlode in Placerville. There is an abundant amount if gold left under Placerville and all areas of the Motherlode. I suggest the class to local prospectors who want to learn instead of guess.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Albert the owner of Pville hardware is a really cool guy. Every time they dig up something on Main st. they find bottles, boots and gold. There were two to three floods that have made layers right through town. There was a story a while back they were remodeling an old building and found abot a pennyweight in the old floorboards. They have the gold in the Chamber of Commerce Museum.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
To bad as the city of Placerville made it illegal to pan for gold within the city limits. A creek runs along the north side and through Placerville that has exposed bedrock but is off limits.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they modernized the main street in Sonora they had a HUGE gold rush as gold everywhere in the 80s. In Coulterville they found gold coins-to heck with nuggets--and again what a gold fueled frenzy in the 80s also. And people say the old timers got it all hahahaha :laughing7: John

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To bad as the city of Placerville made it illegal to pan for gold within the city limits. A creek runs along the north side and through Placerville that has exposed bedrock but is off limits.
People pan hangtown creek often and also venture into the storm like 1.5 miles of them) drains which are concrete sides and tops but exposed bedrock bottom. Coins bottles and artifacts are quite common....as well as Diarrhea and bad infections in open cuts. You will find gold, mercury, square nails. and a prolific amount of plumbing solder. I thought it was all mercury the first time but with clean up discovered that it was lead based solder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread