2015 MOTHERLODE MINERS BASH OFFICIAL THREAD

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. its official we have a spot to dig and camp. The original spot that I hoped for would be camp private property and dig BLM. That location fell through.
Fortunately I have gotten access to some BLM land via private property. I have a friend who's father has generously given access to a family claim.
This claim has been owned by the same family for more than a decade there is a lot of history of mining in the area and it is a cool geologic area and on a gold producing creek. One of the best in El Dorado County.
There is ample room to camp with some access from fording the creek with 4x4 and walking in. We will be prepping a LIVE MUSIC area. And a cooking/bonfire area.
Otherwise this will be a PRIMATIVE CAMP we may dig a latrine and will make sure to provide limited potable water if we can. Otherwise it will be B.Y.O. COMFORT and everything. Firewood will not be an issue fires will be allowed at individual campsites as well.

The entire event digging, camping, and all will be on BLM land anyone attending assumes all regulation and liability!!!!!!!!!
There are a few rules and details to discuss in private.

Main rules are
NO METAL DETECTORS

NO DREDGES

No dogs that can't handle a common camp.. (owner flat out says PITBULLS = MUZZLE but we can talk)

So, I wanted a good shindig. I tried last year because of the mining summit but, alas we had like 20 people. I can ramp up and plan lots of fun if this thing grows any legs...I wanted this year for the private property to charge a for sure fee to weed out flakes and give owner some cash. With all proceeds including a Bazooka raffle to go to the Bnuggets (Brandon Rinehart)Legal fund and do a small grocery/can food donation to his family. I contacted him so he would know. It looks like I jumped the gun and it won't be quite what I wanted. I invited him and will remind him before the weekend.

Like I said I can orchestrate manage and plan. Depending on who contacts me we can potluck, have a raffle, get info out whatever this is just a way for me to try and get people who love gold prospecting/mining together, make connections and spread knowledge and brother(sister)hood.

So, we have a spot! The attendance and hardiness is up to the individual miner. I will answer general questions on the thread and technical info via P.M.

There will be panning sluicing and power sluicing. I will see if I can get a couple scoops of material even.
There will be a lot of bazooka's around but, please feel free to bring whatever gear you run. I might even set up a finishing/clean up station and panning tubs.

DATES April 10-11-12

Location El Dorado Co. 6 mi. from Coloma details given to firm attendees

I look forward to hearing from any interested miners:headbang:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goodness it looks like everyone had such a great time! And that pizza looks amazing! If next years bash is planned early enough I will be on a plane headed south for an event like this. Glad everyone had a great bash. Thanks for all the pics for all of us living via Tnet.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad an amazing time was shared between all who attended.
I wish everyone a great 2015 season - who knows, maybe see you within the torrent soon enough

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20150411_212642.jpg

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome get together and nice gold. thanks for sharing

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20150411_174129.jpg Hangtowndiggins, Asher and Aufisher scooping the gold.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Good stuff . Sounds like yall had a good time out there .

Camp site pizza that looks better than Pizza Hut ....... MAN !

Mr. and Mrs. Lukens done got that camp out thing figured .

:headbang:

Vertigold

Greenie
Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey You Bashers
Thanks for the great long weekend of the Motherlode Bash.
Goldwasher for putting it together (who knew he could cook?)
Mel for having us, Todd keeper of the flame,
Goldenmojo duo for the music (who knew he could play?) and his goldenmojoettes-background vocals,
and the multi talented GoldFisher Family,
Hangtown for the bratwurst
Asher for his glowing personality.
Gold digging, golden conversations.
So lost in it all I forgot about writing a check to the IRS for a few days.
Enjoyed meeting/talking with Everyone who attended.
Even gave Reed a demo of the e-z pan.
I was the guy with the green sluice made of wood, thinking someday it might grow up to be a bazooka.
Hey isn't that what Geppetto hoped for?
This is my first post to T-Net (my first post to any forum actually)

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So during the winter is when I put the movies together and the one for the miners bash was lost because I had a pc go down along with the fact that I had forgotten that Karen had her pc, so I had left mine at home... I'd gone through every file, every folder, every external drive and was totally bummed that I had lost the movie footage that we took, but... Then after a few more months, Karen found it a couple days ago on her pc :) So I've been putting a movie together and so far... I have put up an album here - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4495

If you were at the Bash, can you please go to the album, pic out a picture of you and put your real name and online forum name to your face for me so I can get it perfect for the movie? Also if you have more movie footage and want me to add it in, I will, just let me know and I can come get it or whatever :) Also... If any of you do NOT want to have any pictures or mention of you in the movie, then just let me know because it's no problem to leave anyone out that enjoys his privacy. I've gotten a few hours into making it today and it will take a lot more, but man I am so glad that it came to light in Karens PC :)

I came to this thread and copied all of your pictures here into this album, I will leave it up if it's ok with everyone and if not, I will take it down after I get the names, so when you see a picture that you took, I borrowed it for the names and if you don't want it in the movie just let me know. Some are really low res pics and I won't be able to use them, so if you have any more hi res pics, send them to me or post them to the album, and I will use them. Mostly I am going to add dialog and just talk thru the movie and I'm open to suggestions or anyone else that wants to add in.

Once again, here's the album link http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/album.php?albumid=4495

Jan 15, 2016
Fresno, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I really hope you guys do something like this again for 2016! That claim near Coloma is only 20 minutes away from my families home. It is beautiful up there and I would definitely go to an event such as this.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attachment.php
thats me.
attachment.php
me and Todd trying to get the 2.5 working on the 2.5 to suck out the hole we dug feeding Brandons pwer sluice.
attachment.php
.Thats the kind of hole seasoned bazooka vets can dig. Hangtowndiggens abd Aufisher mainly I helped a bit.
attachment.php
Todd,Victor and I
attachment.php
....dredge set up takes longer when its been a few years!!!! I didn't take any pictures or vids reed sorry.

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for putting that together Reed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread