2015 MOTHERLODE MINERS BASH OFFICIAL THREAD

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. its official we have a spot to dig and camp. The original spot that I hoped for would be camp private property and dig BLM. That location fell through.
Fortunately I have gotten access to some BLM land via private property. I have a friend who's father has generously given access to a family claim.
This claim has been owned by the same family for more than a decade there is a lot of history of mining in the area and it is a cool geologic area and on a gold producing creek. One of the best in El Dorado County.
There is ample room to camp with some access from fording the creek with 4x4 and walking in. We will be prepping a LIVE MUSIC area. And a cooking/bonfire area.
Otherwise this will be a PRIMATIVE CAMP we may dig a latrine and will make sure to provide limited potable water if we can. Otherwise it will be B.Y.O. COMFORT and everything. Firewood will not be an issue fires will be allowed at individual campsites as well.

The entire event digging, camping, and all will be on BLM land anyone attending assumes all regulation and liability!!!!!!!!!
There are a few rules and details to discuss in private.

Main rules are
NO METAL DETECTORS

NO DREDGES

No dogs that can't handle a common camp.. (owner flat out says PITBULLS = MUZZLE but we can talk)

So, I wanted a good shindig. I tried last year because of the mining summit but, alas we had like 20 people. I can ramp up and plan lots of fun if this thing grows any legs...I wanted this year for the private property to charge a for sure fee to weed out flakes and give owner some cash. With all proceeds including a Bazooka raffle to go to the Bnuggets (Brandon Rinehart)Legal fund and do a small grocery/can food donation to his family. I contacted him so he would know. It looks like I jumped the gun and it won't be quite what I wanted. I invited him and will remind him before the weekend.

Like I said I can orchestrate manage and plan. Depending on who contacts me we can potluck, have a raffle, get info out whatever this is just a way for me to try and get people who love gold prospecting/mining together, make connections and spread knowledge and brother(sister)hood.

So, we have a spot! The attendance and hardiness is up to the individual miner. I will answer general questions on the thread and technical info via P.M.

There will be panning sluicing and power sluicing. I will see if I can get a couple scoops of material even.
There will be a lot of bazooka's around but, please feel free to bring whatever gear you run. I might even set up a finishing/clean up station and panning tubs.

DATES April 10-11-12

Location El Dorado Co. 6 mi. from Coloma details given to firm attendees

I look forward to hearing from any interested miners:headbang:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok. its official we have a spot to dig and camp. The original spot that I hoped for would be camp private property and dig BLM. That location fell through.
Fortunately I have gotten access to some BLM land via private property. I have a friend who's father has generously given access to a family claim.
This claim has been owned by the same family for more than a decade there is a lot of history of mining in the area and it is a cool geologic area and on a gold producing creek. One of the best in El Dorado County.
There is ample room to camp with some access from fording the creek with 4x4 and walking in. We will be prepping a LIVE MUSIC area. And a cooking/bonfire area.
Otherwise this will be a PRIMATIVE CAMP we may dig a latrine and will make sure to provide limited potable water if we can. Otherwise it will be B.Y.O. COMFORT and everything. Firewood will not be an issue fires will be allowed at individual campsites as well.

The entire event digging, camping, and all will be on BLM land anyone attending assumes all regulation and liability!!!!!!!!!
There are a few rules and details to discuss in private.

Main rules are
NO METAL DETECTORS

NO DREDGES

No dogs that can't handle a common camp.. (owner flat out says PITBULLS = MUZZLE but we can talk)

So, I wanted a good shindig. I tried last year because of the mining summit but, alas we had like 20 people. I can ramp up and plan lots of fun if this thing grows any legs...I wanted this year for the private property to charge a for sure fee to weed out flakes and give owner some cash. With all proceeds including a Bazooka raffle to go to the Bnuggets (Brandon Rinehart)Legal fund and do a small grocery/can food donation to his family. I contacted him so he would know. It looks like I jumped the gun and it won't be quite what I wanted. I invited him and will remind him before the weekend.

Like I said I can orchestrate manage and plan. Depending on who contacts me we can potluck, have a raffle, get info out whatever this is just a way for me to try and get people who love gold prospecting/mining together, make connections and spread knowledge and brother(sister)hood.

So, we have a spot! The attendance and hardiness is up to the individual miner. I will answer general questions on the thread and technical info via P.M.

There will be panning sluicing and power sluicing. I will see if I can get a couple scoops of material even.
There will be a lot of bazooka's around but, please feel free to bring whatever gear you run. I might even set up a finishing/clean up station and panning tubs.

DATES April 10-11-12

Location El Dorado Co. 6 mi. from Coloma details given to firm attendees

I look forward to hearing from any interested miners:headbang:

I wish Everyone attending an awesome, safe outting. I have to be out if town with business, or else I would be digging alongside yaAll.

The weather should be glorious in the upcoming weeks here in the Motherlode, ready for the TNet Outting

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That sounds great if i didn't live so far away i would be there!!!! Good luck to all of you.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man it won't let me edit the title...Pretty sure Barry gave me a like cause he saw the misspell:tongue3:

OFFICIAL

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
GW, I have to verify with the boss but I think we (the Boss, myself, and Minny Me) should be able to attend. It sounds like a lot of fun and look forward to meeting everyone from Tnet out there.

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait GW !!! Count me in....PM me when you have the chance, I "think" I have an idea where it might be ?

I'm hoping to be up there afternoon / evening on the 10th, more than happy to help w/ any of the set-up, just let me know.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Officially I will be there.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GW, I have to verify with the boss but I think we (the Boss, myself, and Minny Me) should be able to attend. It sounds like a lot of fun and look forward to meeting everyone from Tnet out there.
Hey, I hope the boss gives the green light. And please plan on bringing your fluid bed. I'll be running my power-sluice all weekend.

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
What's the access like? I see 4x4 crossing but I have a Subaru wagon that has seen some bad roads before. If I cannot cross the river, what's the hike in like? as I carry a lot of stuff if I am camping. Would prefer to open the lid and pour out my campsite.
Might be able to day trip it as well.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Count me in brothers and sisters! I am down to 4" ground clearance unless I can sail up your creek.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the access like? I see 4x4 crossing but I have a Subaru wagon that has seen some bad roads before. If I cannot cross the river, what's the hike in like? as I carry a lot of stuff if I am camping. Would prefer to open the lid and pour out my campsite.
Might be able to day trip it as well.

4x4 is for those that want it. It's not a river it is a creek that unless we get a lot of rain will be low I have crossed the ford in 2wd in my Nissan. I will give you five dollars if I can't get your SUBIE across:laughing7: I can not actually define anything happening that weekend as a "HIKE". It is easy access pretty flat near camp and there will be several areas prepped for more private camping. We will be creating spots for people to be able to get away from the music, and from the head count of like 12 the raging party I envision until daylight.............:occasion14::laughing9:

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok thanks How does this work? we sign up and get directions? I was just looking at going up to Spanish diggins so this is very much in the same area.

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Well I spoke to the boss. The thought of getting gold and good times has a negative effect on my memory. I have my cousins wedding that weekend. Have a good time everyone. Maybe next year.

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Wish I could get out there to join in the bash. Won't make it out to N. Cal till August. I'm sure all that attend will have a great time!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe a second outting should be in the works as well.
Be well All.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thanks How does this work? we sign up and get directions? I was just looking at going up to Spanish diggins so this is very much in the same area.

Send me a p.m I will keep in contact and give you more details and directions.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
I may like to come out for this event maybe one or two days. Is it a donation for the claim owner or fee? Willing to do either. Since I live not to far away I wouldn't need to camp and may want to bring a friend and would bring food for others as well. Depending on weather of course. Not sure at this point. Have equipment for others to share if needed. I like this idea. Do you think the BLM cops are watching this post to show up and cause trouble?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread