2015 MOTHERLODE MINERS BASH OFFICIAL THREAD

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. its official we have a spot to dig and camp. The original spot that I hoped for would be camp private property and dig BLM. That location fell through.
Fortunately I have gotten access to some BLM land via private property. I have a friend who's father has generously given access to a family claim.
This claim has been owned by the same family for more than a decade there is a lot of history of mining in the area and it is a cool geologic area and on a gold producing creek. One of the best in El Dorado County.
There is ample room to camp with some access from fording the creek with 4x4 and walking in. We will be prepping a LIVE MUSIC area. And a cooking/bonfire area.
Otherwise this will be a PRIMATIVE CAMP we may dig a latrine and will make sure to provide limited potable water if we can. Otherwise it will be B.Y.O. COMFORT and everything. Firewood will not be an issue fires will be allowed at individual campsites as well.

The entire event digging, camping, and all will be on BLM land anyone attending assumes all regulation and liability!!!!!!!!!
There are a few rules and details to discuss in private.

Main rules are
NO METAL DETECTORS

NO DREDGES

No dogs that can't handle a common camp.. (owner flat out says PITBULLS = MUZZLE but we can talk)

So, I wanted a good shindig. I tried last year because of the mining summit but, alas we had like 20 people. I can ramp up and plan lots of fun if this thing grows any legs...I wanted this year for the private property to charge a for sure fee to weed out flakes and give owner some cash. With all proceeds including a Bazooka raffle to go to the Bnuggets (Brandon Rinehart)Legal fund and do a small grocery/can food donation to his family. I contacted him so he would know. It looks like I jumped the gun and it won't be quite what I wanted. I invited him and will remind him before the weekend.

Like I said I can orchestrate manage and plan. Depending on who contacts me we can potluck, have a raffle, get info out whatever this is just a way for me to try and get people who love gold prospecting/mining together, make connections and spread knowledge and brother(sister)hood.

So, we have a spot! The attendance and hardiness is up to the individual miner. I will answer general questions on the thread and technical info via P.M.

There will be panning sluicing and power sluicing. I will see if I can get a couple scoops of material even.
There will be a lot of bazooka's around but, please feel free to bring whatever gear you run. I might even set up a finishing/clean up station and panning tubs.

DATES April 10-11-12

Location El Dorado Co. 6 mi. from Coloma details given to firm attendees

I look forward to hearing from any interested miners:headbang:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LIVE MUSIC SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!:occasion14:...:headbang:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm afraid to ask for any details...........:laughing7:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know the details but I'm not tellin.... Miners Bash 2015

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As it stands currently, my family and I plan on attending. Hope to meet all of you and put some names/faces together. Should be a fun weekend.

Brandon Rinehart

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Do we simply bring the cash and pay when we arrive, or do we send it in ahead of time? Will there be any power equipment for digging?n I assume there will be water? I'll have my sluice, so the more dirt i can move the better. If anyone is interested, I want to sell my 2.5 keene dredge and could bring it as well to be looked at. I also have two large floats I need to sell. I could bring those too Don't want to get in trouble bringing a dredge too close to the river. Ya never know where the popo is hiding out.

golden habit

Apr 1, 2015
Placerville ca.
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will be there and help with set up is only one table away lol, sounds like a great weekend and a rough Monday morning .

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be taking admission there. We talked and are ok with a Miners Swap....... There is room for sluices and as mentioned we can run power sluices.
I will most likely be at the location by noon Friday. Any one planning/wanting/considering early arrival please let me know.

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be taking admission there. We talked and are ok with a Miners Swap....... There is room for sluices and as mentioned we can run power sluices.
I will most likely be at the location by noon Friday. Any one planning/wanting/considering early arrival please let me know.

Just wondering what your definition of a power sluice was? I was hoping to maybe bring my little homemade high-banker. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427948774.425102.jpg not sure how much water there is.

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I'll be headed up that way Wednesday morning but I don't know where I will end up between then and Friday. [emoji79] If you guys would like company preparing I'll help out, I will, otherwise I'll be on some river somewhere. [emoji12]

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread