2015 MOTHERLODE MINERS BASH OFFICIAL THREAD

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. its official we have a spot to dig and camp. The original spot that I hoped for would be camp private property and dig BLM. That location fell through.
Fortunately I have gotten access to some BLM land via private property. I have a friend who's father has generously given access to a family claim.
This claim has been owned by the same family for more than a decade there is a lot of history of mining in the area and it is a cool geologic area and on a gold producing creek. One of the best in El Dorado County.
There is ample room to camp with some access from fording the creek with 4x4 and walking in. We will be prepping a LIVE MUSIC area. And a cooking/bonfire area.
Otherwise this will be a PRIMATIVE CAMP we may dig a latrine and will make sure to provide limited potable water if we can. Otherwise it will be B.Y.O. COMFORT and everything. Firewood will not be an issue fires will be allowed at individual campsites as well.

The entire event digging, camping, and all will be on BLM land anyone attending assumes all regulation and liability!!!!!!!!!
There are a few rules and details to discuss in private.

Main rules are
NO METAL DETECTORS

NO DREDGES

No dogs that can't handle a common camp.. (owner flat out says PITBULLS = MUZZLE but we can talk)

So, I wanted a good shindig. I tried last year because of the mining summit but, alas we had like 20 people. I can ramp up and plan lots of fun if this thing grows any legs...I wanted this year for the private property to charge a for sure fee to weed out flakes and give owner some cash. With all proceeds including a Bazooka raffle to go to the Bnuggets (Brandon Rinehart)Legal fund and do a small grocery/can food donation to his family. I contacted him so he would know. It looks like I jumped the gun and it won't be quite what I wanted. I invited him and will remind him before the weekend.

Like I said I can orchestrate manage and plan. Depending on who contacts me we can potluck, have a raffle, get info out whatever this is just a way for me to try and get people who love gold prospecting/mining together, make connections and spread knowledge and brother(sister)hood.

So, we have a spot! The attendance and hardiness is up to the individual miner. I will answer general questions on the thread and technical info via P.M.

There will be panning sluicing and power sluicing. I will see if I can get a couple scoops of material even.
There will be a lot of bazooka's around but, please feel free to bring whatever gear you run. I might even set up a finishing/clean up station and panning tubs.

DATES April 10-11-12

Location El Dorado Co. 6 mi. from Coloma details given to firm attendees

I look forward to hearing from any interested miners:headbang:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be headed up that way Wednesday morning but I don't know where I will end up between then and Friday. [emoji79] If you guys would like company preparing I'll help out, I will, otherwise I'll be on some river somewhere. [emoji12]
We'll find a place to store you for a couple days Sherry. I have my sons first little league game Thursday Its in Lotus. I will be at the site all day Friday.

Last edited:

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:sadsmiley: I don't think we can make it. Mr. Gilded is going under the knife at the end of the month and I don't want to take any more time off than I have to right now. Is it a place where we could come hang out just for Sunday?

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:sadsmiley: I don't think we can make it. Mr. Gilded is going under the knife at the end of the month and I don't want to take any more time off than I have to right now. Is it a place where we could come hang out just for Sunday?

You can stop by for a visit Sunday its easy to get to. You'll take 49 the whole way it's right up the road from where you met Todd when you picked up your Bazooka.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it looks like Sample Pan may ride up with me but he can't go until Thursday morning and we may stay until Monday, not sure yet.
Just let me know I'm gonna try to call Dan today. I want to burn some brush before the rain comes in.So, I'm gonna stay home instead of going to the claim.So I'm gonna make some calls. Got to see whats up with Matt and Jason too.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are any families coming? My 15 year old son is out of school next week and my husband wants me to drag him up there with me (kicking and screaming) but if there are not gonna be any kids his age there then he's staying home!

A #2 happy stick in a teenagers hand builds character. At the very least it let's them know why education is important they sure as heck don't want to be ditch diggers after that.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldest kid there will be my twelve year old son.If your son isn't gonna be all that thrilled if he doesn't like digging camoing and exploring. That's all that's gonna be going on . No where to even plug in a cell phone.....ITS GONNA BE GLORIOUS for us.....hell for a teenager:laughing7:

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He he

Attachments

• 1428331945505.jpg
    1428331945505.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 86

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that with "me, kicking and screaming..." Or "...me kicking and screaming..."🙀

Has he been up north Sherry? This ain't the EF. Whole different ballgame. More "grown ups" and less afflictions is my guess, if you get what I'm saying.

Might even find some real gold. Camoing sounds like fun too😎 (even if it's canoeing).

One last question, is he the kind that'll enjoy time with a twelve year old or would that be lame?

Based on your original post in your journal, I say drag him along.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dig digging it. The deeper the better. I just had to add a little dig. Sorry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that with "me, kicking and screaming..." Or "...me kicking and screaming..."[emoji79]

Has he been up north Sherry? This ain't the EF. Whole different ballgame. More "grown ups" and less afflictions is my guess, if you get what I'm saying.

Might even find some real gold. Camoing sounds like fun too[emoji41] (even if it's canoeing).

One last question, is he the kind that'll enjoy time with a twelve year old or would that be lame?

Based on your original post in your journal, I say drag him along.

Goldog,
That's supposed to be him "kicking and screaming" I just put it in the wrong location.

If you keep bustin' my chops, I'm gonna beat you with your own hand dredge that I just built for you!!! [emoji12]

And I bet that was supposed to be "camping" not canoeing since that's what we will be doing. [emoji12]

Yea I agree on the grownup thing nobody want to see the annoyed mommy side come outta me from him *****ing and complaining! Damn technology has ruined our youths!!!!!!! [emoji43]

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I sent the address to everyone who said they wanted to attend. If I missed anyone let me know.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldog,
That's supposed to be him "kicking and screaming" I just put it in the wrong location.

If you keep bustin' my chops, I'm gonna beat you with your own hand dredge that I just built for you!!! [emoji12]

And I bet that was supposed to be "camping" not canoeing since that's what we will be doing. [emoji12]

Yea I agree on the grownup thing nobody want to see the annoyed mommy side come outta me from him *****ing and complaining! Damn technology has ruined our youths!!!!!!! [emoji43]

Oh my..... remind me never to irritate you miss!!:laughing7:

I hope ya'll have a great time. I also hope there is a keg!!:headbang:

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what's the head count looking like? I was gonna bring my big highbanker but I need at least two other people to help feed it. Let me know who all are interested. If not I'll bring up a smaller unit I can run alone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread