need some info

Mar 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, new here. I have been finding paper and flour gold here in nw pa. for awhile now but the other day I started getting a slightly darker flake. I have found some copper in this area and am wondering if this is red gold (gold and copper mix). I hate to throw it away because im not really sure what it is but it is malable. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You defiantly don't want to throw it away, gold can have any number of imperfections mixed with it. Some are more valuable than gold it's self. It sounds like gold mixed with copper as you said but the important thing and what you want to remember is it's GOLD!!! mixed with copper. Dig it all before some one else does good luck.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just use a tablespoon full of bleach from the laundry and soak overnight as it will clean off many forms of oxides,coloration and dirt. Cheap,ez and safe-John

OP
OP
N
Mar 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
definitely wont throw it away then, and will try the bleach. thanks for the input :thumbsup:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold can have coloring from near white to orange, red and even green depending on the impurities. Look at black hills gold.
Wild copper should be kinda green

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread