First time gold sniping/prospecting W/video

inshanity

Greenie
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy to report I had a ton of fun going out to N fork american river today. I only had two hours in the water, but mission accomplished! I was 50-100 yards past the first bend below yankee jims bridge. Thanks for all the info I gathered from everyone here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu7vns1fw1Y&feature=youtu.be

20150328_124649.jpg 20150328_181128.jpg

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey nice job. Did you use the Gopro? Looks like it will be a good year. There should be more and you got color first time out. :thumbsup:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is really fun to do if you are skilled at finding areas after floods; that were once previously covered with a lot of overburden and then "blown out". Also try using a "hooka" set up and that way you can stay down and access deeper areas if you want. Additionally the use of a suction tube can make things rewarding. The easiest gold to find is that which is slightly covered with material in cracks & crevices. Nice vid. And easy gold is always more fun .... IMHO.

Bejay

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karen & I were down there also but mostly up below Devil's Falls. Then we hit The Dragon In in Foresthill for a good Chinese Dinner :) Was that you in the truck with the orange box that past me when I was standing at the bridge?

OP
OP
I

inshanity

Greenie
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnmountains - yes that is a gopro 3+

bejay - Thanks for the advice, I'll look into the tube. Everything is so new, but I hope to be able to recognize those things with practice.

Reed lukens - No I was parked right above the pay area and left at 11:30 to go watch my boy

hey_ad_man

Mar 23, 2015
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Noob here. I'll be out 3rd week of May on the NFAM. Been doin lots of resource and watching lots of YouTube videos and I figure my best way to learn is get out there and trial 'n error. I have 4oz garret snuffer, but feel like it might not be sufficent. Any recommendations?

Dig'em

Jan 24, 2015
Joshua Tree, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice video, being a freediver it makes me want to get in the water! What mm is that suit? 5mm or 7mm? I'm also curious how much weight you wear for freshwater. I wear 20-22lbs just to break the surface with my 7mm, but that's in salt water.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome work! That place looks great too.

I gave you a thumbs up, subscribed and left a comment on your video. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread