How To Make A Henderson Manual Gold Dredge Pump

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a quick video showing how I've made my standard 2 1/2" manual gold dredge, also known as a Henderson pump. In the video you can also see a larger 4" pump which I cover in a separate video. These are great pieces of equipment and anyone new to prospecting should consider making one of these are they are really cheap to make and save a lot of time digging with a spade as these are generally used in area's where powered recovery is not allowed (Certain US states, UK, Europe etc). Let me know what you think:

https://youtu.be/CGpW33SZcgw

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for sharing the UK version of a hand pump, looks great!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the tennis ball seal, that looks really good :) I would make it longer so that you can get a full arms length pull on it myself but that's just me :evil6: It looks just like mine mostly except that I used ABS which is lighter than PVC.

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
haha yeah I've actually made another larger sucker as well which can be seen in the background of the video but yes, the tennis ball is a superb fit inside a 2 1/2" pipe, once compressed with a washer there are no breaks in the seal at all... The larger one is 1.5m long (5ft) but is made from a 4" tube so the amount of gravels that sucks up per draw is stupid, fills a bucket with a couple of pumps but it's a lot harder work to draw on. I'll be putting a video of the larger one on later as it's a different seal in that.

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
just 1 more day of work to get through, then I'm off for my first prospecting trip of the year, might need some luck though, apparently there's 3" of snow and 60+mph winds, should make it fun to say the least

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Just uploading a video of the 4" now, will put a link on as soon as its processed

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a link and I'll also make a separate thread for it too

Top Member Reactions