Casting New Mining Series for Major Network

Mar 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I hope this message finds you well! My name is Colin Sprague and I am a Developing Producer at Original Media Productions/Punchdrunk Development in Los Angeles. We are a multi-media production company behind shows such as Swamp People, Dual Survival, The Pool Master, the LA/NY/Miami Ink Series and award winning movies The Squid and the Whale and Half Nelson.

The reason I'm reaching out to all of you here is that I am in the very early stages of Developing a new mining series for a major television network. I'm trying to find a new way in to the mining space because, quite frankly, I think most mining series on air today follow the same format and ultimately end up relying on manufactured drama instead of portraying mining in an honest and accurate way. The goal is to develop a show that steers away from character drama and focuses more on the explorative, natural, and historical aspects of modern day mining. My hope is to find and cast a small company of prospectors, whether it be a group of friends or family, that are extremely passionate about finding gold and are willing to get into nature to find it.

If this sounds like a project that interests you, you have an idea about new ways into the mining television space, or you know someone who might be a good fit for something like this, please feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]. I am happy to give more details and talk in depth about the series! In the meantime, feel free to check out Original Media, NYC, Los Angeles to get a sense of who we are and what shows we have produced in the past. I hope you all are well and I look forward to talking with some of you soon!

Wishing all you the best,

Colin Sprague
Associate Producer
Punchdrunk Development -- In association with Original Media
Original Media, NYC, Los Angeles

Upvote 0

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree to a certain degree that a lot changes when the camera is on you, sad thing is I bet even if they picked the most ideal candidate and portrayed it in the most fair way possible most of us would still have something crappy to comment about, yet still watch the show..

I look forward to watching whatever show they put out as I like all gold shows enough to keep watching them, might not like everything about them but I still watch..

Last edited:

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry but I could not find Mr. Colin Sprague associated with Original Media, NYC, Los Angeles. I want to contact him but would feel more comfortable contacting him through their site. Anyone now how?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Russau, please keep politics out of posts...

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry but I could not find Mr. Colin Sprague associated with Original Media, NYC, Los Angeles. I want to contact him but would feel more comfortable contacting him through their site. Anyone now how?

The link below might help explain things! He worked with or for Original Media until January of 2014 and now works with or for Punchdrunk Development in association with Original Media.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/colin-sprague/80/27b/b24

Frank

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colin thanks for the invite. I will say it would be one boring video and me bouncing my truck off rocks to get to my spots. Now we all do our own thing. This is a very hard bunch to make happy. You have the modern big company's and the old ways of a single miner......lots of in between. We have over 16,000 abandon mines here in New Mexico. From pit mines used by the natives, to the Spanish, and modern miners. There is a lot of good info on this site for ideas. Ignore the folks who have been burned by the reality shows, I say if you cant help, get out of the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions