CA drought New Melomnes

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend posted a comparison picture of New Melomnes reservoir on FB. The drought is staggering and sad, but obviously good for "us" in certain situations. Im just a newb, but based on these pictures are we all not crazy for taking a month off of work and going here? Besides possible gold, i heard a rumor that the Russian mafia in California used that bridge as a dumping ground.. Probably good gold and good metal detecting? or am i tripping?

Upvote 0

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
Wow what a difference, now for dirt hunting its a great opportunity but man I feel bad for the residents, its tough when one of the most needed resources is in danger.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most if not all CA reservoirs are off limits to detecting but check your local laws to be sure, sure would be interesting though..

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Well they kept the releases high from these dams all for the FISH runs down streams. Now what they going to do? Stupid!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's the reservoir skinny- You can beep but you can't dig! However, if your kids or grandkids are along with their plastic buckets and shovels they can dig through the Earths crust, and mantle right on through to the core. No backfilling of holes expected or required.

No worries Hefty! They got enough frozen robo Salmon sperm and eggs to last four or five droughts!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should see shasta lake-used to be the states biggest by far---now just a memory...sic sic sic-John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I heard on the news that ole MOONBEAM signed a law about water quality and its restricting a lot of use of the water. Ill bet prospecting/dredgeing has something to do with this! yep its a shame about the drought BUT that's why ive been saying to buil these desaleniztion plants . pay now or pay latter! MOONBEAM ought to be pressured into building thse along the coast and piped in the water plants pipelines so the people can get back to living their dream!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Porterville and many other cities in the san juaquin have given residents porta potties and trucking in water already in winter. When the heat hits the s*&tz a gonna hit the fan man. Santa Barbara and San Diego have desal plants but SB hasn't even run it in over 20 years after $30+ mil expense :tongue3: Moonbeam is 4 years late and his insipid plan helps nuttn' but his rich contractor friends/sponsors/associated criminals. The barn is already empty as no water means no electricity from our dams---oops that right the fools are tearing them down like crazy....sic sic sic-John

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is so much that goes on here that can't or won't be voted out. Lots of lemons. My lemonade is I am storing up on drinking H2O and heading down to the bottom of the drought stricken creeks and riverbeds to get my share.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best one I heard is some cities like Modesto are selling the water from the waste treatment plant to farmers. Can someone explain how they can sell water which homeowners paid to use and paid to treat in waste plant? Does this mean water treatment will soon be free because they recouped money from selling treated water? I would think that it would be required to be released into the river and not sold.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The best one I heard is some cities like Modesto are selling the water from the waste treatment plant to farmers. Can someone explain how they can sell water which homeowners paid to use and paid to treat in waste plant? Does this mean water treatment will soon be free because they recouped money from selling treated water?

No. It means if you live there you are pi**ing your money away.....

Paulito

Apr 9, 2014
Tuolumne County
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first 2 pics are Oroville or Shasta. The last one is the "new" bridge at Melones before the "new" reservoir was filled. From my understanding, you can NOT even swing there, let alone dig! Bureau of Reclamation runs it, same as Folsom. Look up article about dude getting arrested at Folsom just walking with detector! Ok, I looked it up. He got ticketed for just walking with a detector! Man Ticketed for Possession of Metal Detector | FOX40

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sad, the ranger seen him and saw a nice big $ sign.. I would love to atleast hear the explanation from them on why it is illegal, kids can dig holes all day long but bring a detector into the mix and it's criminal? They should have let him off with a warning, I've been in his shoes, was cited for detecting in an area considered regional park land and the a hole cop didn't care one bit about the pounds of trash I removed from the hillside which was once a rock quarry.. Some things just don't make sense these days..

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think he got ticketed because he was a Sukup.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions