Water feeding an E-Z sluice or Gold Cube with Bucket

GullMann

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wil be at an remote location, no river there and use og any pumps is not allowed, not even an electrical billge pump. Would it be possible to use a bucket with water to feed water thorugh a classifierscreen with material on the flair of an E-Z sluice? The same question for an Gold cube, placing a classifier on top, feeding it with water from a bucket...?

Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about that home made piece of equipment. You asked about two specific commercial products that were designed to work with a constant flow of water

ratled

OP
OP
G

GullMann

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand what they are designed for, but wondering if it would work under different conditions.

If this homemade box in the video works, why would not the Gold Cube work when operated the same way?

And why won't the E-Z sluice work with water feeding from a bucket? What will be the actuall problem? Washing out the gold, not catching it, filling sluice riffels an moss too quickly... ?

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bucket system in the video is acting more like a rocker box than anything in term of recovery. The other products, when feed water via a bucket, will be surgie and the water surges will wash fine gold out. Will they catch some gold? Yep. Will that way wash out a lot of gold? Yep. AND we are not taking about they 5'ish% that all sluices lose, it may only actually keep 5%.

Before you start trying to re invent the wheel I would find out how a wheel works and why.

ratled

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GullMann

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the details, I am pretty inexperienced and sorry if my questions are a bit silly. I guess I must go for a rocker box type then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions