Quartz and pyrite shall i keep to the same area?

Kings gold

Greenie
Mar 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg
Guys just Wondering??? Im finding a lot of pyrite here in norway!(( and much Quartz veins
Ive not been prospecting that long so wanted to Ask shall i stay in the same area that Im finding these??

Upvote 0

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to tnet.
I would do some sampling in the area.
Pyrite and quartz are a good sign. I think.
But if it was me.I would.

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
Gold is often found with quartz and pyrite , some pyrite even has a small amount of gold in it , so I would say you are in an area with potential though quartz and pyrite are often found where there is no gold as well. So these are indicators just not guarantees. I would work that area for a while and see what turns up.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
roadrunner pretty much said it~ sample the area. ohiochris also points out a good line of thought~ some pyrite has a small amount of gold in it. However without some more advanced mining techniques I would stick to panning samples rather than crushing pyrite.
If there are any historical accounts of gold being produced in the area that would be a bonus as well as any geologic data on the area. Good luck.

OP
OP
K

Kings gold

Greenie
Mar 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!! I think here in Norway is unexplored for gold)) no one goes out looking for gold or panning here.
They have a small community prospectors max 2000 I would say, so I have a lot of work I would say!;-)) but I don't mind it's great fun and gets me and the children out in the nature..
Gold mining areas are around the area I live but I honestly think Norwegians haven't really looked for gold because of the oil boom in the 70s was there glory hole,
I see so much minerals and precious stones here it's so rich in natural resources that i don't know where to start!! Lol!!

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Norwegians have been known to be excellent placer miners for centuries. Maybe nobody has done much since the 1970's (or talked about it), but if there is gold, there must be some written records. Anyway, good luck with your search.

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I might be wrong but I would crush and pan some of those pieces and see if there is gold in them. You never know till you try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread