Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, here's a quick video showing a 4" manual gold dredge my friend made following the same principal of the instructional video I uploaded showing how to make the 4" manual gold dredge. As you can see, he's filling a classifier full of material in just 3 draws on the 4" which would take 6-10 draws on the standard 2 1/2" variant of the manual gold dredge, so although more effort to use, there's a lot more material to show for it. Enjoy :) :

https://youtu.be/YIu1NcfhtFg

Upvote 0

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Not exactly what I would call a dredge...... just a big sucker tube that loses half the load from ground to bucket... Or am I missing something:dontknow:

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
They are referred to manual dredges in the UK as we aren't allowed to use anything powered. I had advised him to put a bend on the end which would stop the material escaping but he's the type of person who has to do it his way. IF it had the 90 degree bend on the end, hardly anything would be lost

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could just put a Bazooka Gold Trap in the stream and shovel directly into it without classifying. Good Luck in your pursuits.

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a different video with the 4" in action again, showing the area being worked. If my mate had added a 90 degree bend to the end, hardly any water or material would escape rather than leaving it straight open ended

https://youtu.be/uASsYLwdJy4

OP
OP
Goldgrabber

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
Good, strong, well positioned handles make all the difference, if they're in the wrong place or weak, then it can be awkward but you can see me mate manages ok because he has his handles just at the right place

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread