BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
From: Newmont Mining - Long Canyon Mine to Add Profitable New Production in Nevada

"Newmont celebrates 50 years of successful operation in Nevada this year, and yesterday announced plans to continue that legacy by building the first phase of Long Canyon – a new oxide mine with significant upside potential in an emerging gold district less than 100 miles from the company’s existing operations.

The project will leverage Newmont’s existing equipment, infrastructure and personnel and will be funded through free cash flow and available cash balances.

Project highlights include:

• High grade oxide ore processed by heap leaching

• Gold reserves of 1.2 million ounces at an average grade of 2.29 grams per tonne and highly prospective mineralization over a three mile strike length

• Estimated annual gold production of between 100,000 and 150,000 ounces over an eight year mine life for the first phase of operation

• Estimated average costs applicable to sales of between $400 and $500 per ounce and all-in sustaining costs of between $500 and $600 over the life of the mine; representing the lowest cost quartile for gold production

By taking a phased approach to developing Long Canyon, Newmont was able to lower development costs to between $250 million and $300 million. At current gold prices, the project is expected to generate around $100 million in EBITDA annually beginning in 2017 and an internal rate of return of 17 percent.

Once in operation, Long Canyon Phase 1 is expected to directly employ about 260 people, and the company will continue to engage and partner with local and regional stakeholders throughout construction, operations and closure. Federal and state permits necessary to proceed with development of the project were secured following a 36-month study and public comment period. "

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go Newmont! Their HQ is a mile from my house :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread