Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was nothing political in what I posted. Just the simple truth. Are you siding with them? Simple question that deserves a simple answer.
Simple answer, it is not open for debate, if you have issue with moderation handle it via pm per our rules, not in TN open forum..

There is no sides when it comes to moderation....

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First off, TH you have my sincerest apologies.

Second, thank you for the guidance on what makes a thread "political".

Third, much like you I have a job to do. And right now there is a lot of "blood" in the water and it isn't ours. I have spent a lot of time, money, and have given up a great deal to get where I am at. My "mission" will be completed soon enough. So if I get a little testy about certain things, I'll beg your indulgence for a little while as it will benefit all of us.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I visit here because this is a treasure forum, not a forum for peoples personal agendas for their beliefs. Personally If I wanted to be preached at with that BS ,I would go to one of those sites. I am so tired of people injecting that crap into every forum and hijacking their sites. I hope this site can continue to make this a enjoyable place where you can find all kind of info on treasure hunting and free from that BS

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I visit here because this is a treasure forum, not a forum for peoples personal agendas for their beliefs. Personally If I wanted to be preached at with that BS ,I would go to one of those sites. I am so tired of people injecting that crap into every forum and hijacking their sites. I hope this site can continue to make this a enjoyable place where you can find all kind of info on treasure hunting and free from that BS

This is a gold prospecting forum. Many of these posts are directly related to miners and affect our rights and our lives. You say, "BS" to everything that you don't personally agree with. We have a right to know what is going on. I think the majority of the members here that participate on the gold prospecting forums have a similar mindset. We don't simply "lie down" when told. I will not live in the dark and I will not live under a rock. Tyranny is not our friend.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a gold prospecting forum. Many of these posts are directly related to miners and affect our rights and our lives. You say, "BS" to everything that you don't personally agree with. We have a right to know what is going on. I think the majority of the members here that participate on the gold prospecting forums have a similar mindset. We don't simply "lie down" when told. I will not live in the dark and I will not live under a rock. Tyranny is not our friend.

But,but,but,some people thrive on being completely controlled in every single aspect of their lives.:laughing9:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
The California drought is a self correcting problem.

As soon as the southwestern third of the state slides into the ocean, all will be good again.

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 9.44.31 AM.png

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"But, some people thrive on being completely controlled" Yes they do.... they all say the same things, use the same words, point to the same sites, they agree exactly on every issue, you hear one you heard them all, and mention the exact same stories daily that was posted on their favorite ranting and raving conspiracy , anti everybody but them site, in fact they all sound like echo's of each other.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The California drought is a self correcting problem.

As soon as the southwestern third of the state slides into the ocean, all will be good again.

View attachment 1148892

That's about what it will take to correct the problem. Same with the whole oil sands vs conservation of fuel debate.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
they all say the same things, use the same words, they agree exactly on every issue, you hear one you heard them all, and mention the exact same stories daily, in fact they all sound like echo's of each other.

Sound just like a certain group of corrupt pieces of garbage doesnt it?:laughing9:

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
They got there by several reasons.

1. Fire suppression.
Now all the eco freaks want you to believe that the natural fire regime was suppressed due to the logging companies wanting to save the "old growth" forests for logging. This is nothing but a pile of crap. All of the "old growth" forests here in the west have developed a "fire resistance" through having thicker bark. The real reason behind it was an attempt at habitat preservation.

2. Lack of logging.
We all remember the eco freaks chaining themselves to and spiking trees back in the day. All of this has led to many companies being put out of business as they had to fight the battle in court. Now there are not enough of companies to handle the problem of removing the necessary amount of trees.

3. Abuse of the Endangered Species Act.
We all pretty much know how this is used to stop anything that the eco freaks do not want.

There are several more factors involved, but these are the most important ones for now.

More later.

The reasons you have provided make no sense. If there was no previous interaction by man in the forest then I'm thinking nature allowed them to grow there. Sounds like you just want to cut down the/more trees. What are the reasons you say the forest can only handle 150 - 200 trees? I have no problem with logging/cutting down trees, etc. Just trying to make sense with your reasoning that the forest can only handle 150 - 200 trees.

Maxlfty

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The self correcting post was funny.
This drought is cyclic, California has been through it before.
Leading up to the great flood of 1862 it was a 10 year drought.
I'm sure the people in Oregon and Washington are praying for rain. They don't want s mass exodus from this state into theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the sniping at each other....political comments were deleted.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
P
I'm surprised to hear you say this after your previous 7 posts where you were actively debating in the thread.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burntbear is correct and per our rules politics directly related to treasure hunting topics are allowed. What is not allowed is attacks on political parties or political comments not directly related to the topic.

I want edit a post, if you write a 5000 word post and in the middle write "libartards something" or "right wing nuts something" your entire post will be deleted.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The reasons you have provided make no sense. If there was no previous interaction by man in the forest then I'm thinking nature allowed them to grow there. Sounds like you just want to cut down the/more trees. What are the reasons you say the forest can only handle 150 - 200 trees? I have no problem with logging/cutting down trees, etc. Just trying to make sense with your reasoning that the forest can only handle 150 - 200 trees.

It has to do with precipitation and nutrient levels. More trees means increased competition for limited resources. If the trees are stressed due to "starvation" NONE of the forest is healthy. This is one of the main reasons we are seeing the massive outbreaks of the pine beetle infestation. A "normal and healthy" tree will push the pine beetles out with sap. Trees need the proper "nutrient levels in order to do this. Without that, the get infested, die, fall to the ground, and create a severe fire hazard. Which leads to many other things.

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Then tell your friends to back off.

What I am posting has everything to do with treasure hunting and prospecting. I, like many others, am tired of places being closed over BS.

Your posting tells me I am hitting the nail square on the head and will continue to do so. If you don't like it, then the only thing I can tell you is don't read what I post and that will reduce your stress level. Nobody is forcing you to read my posts. But in complaining about them, you are actually trying to enforce YOUR will on everyone else.

If "problems" were actually dealt with in a reasonable and effective manner, we wouldn't be here talking about this. We would all be out there digging our treasures and minerals out of the ground. But what is going on isn't about solving problems. It is all about forcing things down our throats that wouldn't see the light of day in our legislative branch. This is called legislation by lawsuit. And is not how things were intended to work.

Like I said, tell your friends to back off and I'll quit.

No threats, just an option freely given.

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
It has to do with precipitation and nutrient levels. More trees means increased competition for limited resources. If the trees are stressed due to "starvation" NONE of the forest is healthy. This is one of the main reasons we are seeing the massive outbreaks of the pine beetle infestation. A "normal and healthy" tree will push the pine beetles out with sap. Trees need the proper "nutrient levels in order to do this. Without that, the get infested, die, fall to the ground, and create a severe fire hazard. Which leads to many other things.

Pine beetle infestation has occurred here before and will occur again; do some reading and you will find the Pine Bore Beetle is a natural reoccurring infestation here in North America (every few hundred years). Competition for nutrients by plants is also a natural process which limits their growth and number. It seems you are trying justify tree removal from our forests because they represent a fire danger? Fire in the forest also occurs naturally and is routinely addressed when it presents a threat to personal property or human life. Nothing personal; and like I said I am not against logging, but your reasons stated simply don't justify limiting our national forests to 150 - 200 trees.

I guess I just don't understand your point unless you want bigger trees for harvesting or are looking for trees to pursue commercial enterprise.

Anyway ......... have a nice day,
Poncho

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that large healthy trees are able to withstand forest fires more readily...when the second and third growth forests which are unnatural and unmanaged are allowed to become clogged with hundreds to thousands of smaller trees, a forest fire can be devastating because it will climb into the upper canopy and set all of the crowns alight. I live in 3rd growth redwood forest and the few large trees that have survived the loggings over the years have fire scars that date back 100-200 years. They survived though. Im terrified to think of how the canyon would look if a fire came through now. There are way too many small trees. I have been selectively logging for 6 years now and have barely scratched the surface. The goal is to support far fewer large trees which can then attain maturity. An old growth redwood forest may only have 10 trees per acre...open space underneath and they will and have survived massive fires. I also definitely consider myself an environmentalist...we have thrown the natural system out of whack and now we have to manage what we have done do it.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pine beetle infestation has occurred here before and will occur again; do some reading and you will find the Pine Bore Beetle is a natural reoccurring infestation here in North America (every few hundred years). Competition for nutrients by plants is also a natural process which limits their growth and number. It seems you are trying justify tree removal from our forests because they represent a fire danger? Fire in the forest also occurs naturally and is routinely addressed when it presents a threat to personal property or human life. Nothing personal; and like I said I am not against logging, but your reasons stated simply don't justify limiting our national forests to 150 - 200 trees.

I guess I just don't understand your point unless you want bigger trees for harvesting or are looking for trees to pursue commercial enterprise.

Anyway ......... have a nice day,
Poncho

Yes, forest fires have happened in the past and will continue to happen in the future. What I am talking about is catastrophic stand replacing fires. These typically to not happen in a healthy forest. The fire stays on the ground and eliminates the younger trees and scrub brush growing under a mature canopy.

Yes, plants compete for nutrients all the time. Look at it this way, would you over plant your garden to the point it is unhealthy and produces little to nothing? Or would you space the plants out so they can get the proper nutrients and water they need. After so long of overcrowding all the nutrients are used up and the ground becomes barren. Is that what you want in our forests?

Yes pine beetle infestations have happened before and will happen again. But according to everything I have been reading, there has never been anything like this.

And for the record, I DO NOT need to pursue a commercial logging enterprise. I DO NOT need the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread