Feds sued for blocking thousands of recreational

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is frustrating as we are not rich nor have huge amounts of influence, so I am glad to see individuals fight for their personal dreams. But I learned long time ago, in fighting for your dreams be careful of who you get in bed with, as they can and will come back to bite you. I am not going to join crusades of any special groups against another, I am for everyday people having public land left to go to pursue their dreams too.

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to see that someone is calling the feds on the carpet. They've been ignoring the laws at will for way to long and it's time they got spanked for it. They seem to forget that they work for the citizens of this country, not special,interest groups.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am not going to argue with you, Those are public lands and politics are always involved, in my opinion the more different groups lobbying for their interest the better. I believe the BLM and USFS are just taking marching orders from their superiors, which is all guided by politics, I believe in professional educated scientist who study the enviorment and other groups who want to use the land for their personal favorite use. You claim you are a miner who wants to use public lands, just because your influence does not out vote or override the other groups interest and they are a problem, your post show your biases, you want to do for your own best interest not the rest of the public who have just as much right to public land as you. you haven't won your case so automatically, you say government bad, BLM bad, USFS bad, EPA bad etc and that is mostly what you post a agenda. I am heading out west for a few years to prospect too, and I will have to deal with with the different rules and regulations, but I am also glad the land has been saved and open so I can use it for all my other varied interest like hunting, fishing, ATV riding and hiking and all the things available, unlike in the east. So if you lived in West pa you saw the devastation and problems and lack of places to go, and lack of careful oversight for the interest of the public,, all these interest are only looking out for their special private good, Those government groups of care takers are only trying to enforce the results of due process and the courts and legislation, and what they are ordered to do by authorities in charge. Or they should

Yea, I seen the devastation unleashed there by mining and the what not. And I see the same thing happening here, except here it is done in the name of "saving" the environment. I work with both sides on this. If you think it is just about mining, then your a fool. Look up Bump and Grind Trail over in Cali.

I have been working with hikers and backpackers since the Wallow Fire here. Now they get to see what happens. And many of them are starting to call for State control.

Many of them have even showed up at my operations when we were drilling cores. They left with a whole new appreciation of how to do things right.

They also now understand just how bad they have been lied to.

And yes there is a whole lot of money and politics involved. When donations are given to certain individuals by certain companies for certain things, we all lose. And that is about as far as I am going on that subject here.

When science does NOT support your position and you still go to litigation, you have ideology, period.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is frustrating as we are not rich nor have huge amounts of influence, so I am glad to see individuals fight for their personal dreams. But I learned long time ago, in fighting for your dreams be careful of who you get in bed with, as they can and will come back to bite you. I am not going to join crusades of any special groups against another, I am for everyday people having public land left to go to pursue their dreams too.

One becomes a special interest group when they fight to have ALL land reserved for a particular purpose. To reserve forest land for a certain few who like to hike and backpack, or to "preserve" the environment for future generations are special interest groups.

What good is "preserving" the land when it will never be used for anything to support future generations?

Are you starting to understand why I support small operations? Small operations equal small impacts that are easily remediated.

And I forgot something in the last post, I know all to well about the impacts of Acid Mine Drainage. And that is why I am waiting on the final paperwork back from the U.S. Patent Office on a way to not only treat the AMD but also recover what minerals are in the water that causes it to become AMD.

Remember something about all of this, when you make it extremely difficult and expensive to solve a problem, that problem will always be there to cry about. Think about that for awhile and apply it to many situations involving federal land.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions