Southern Michigan

cwieand

Apr 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I am relatively new to Gold prospecting. I Recently took a trip to Arizona, tried gold panning and got hooked. I went out to some state land here in Michigan and didn't think that I'd find anything at all panning this little creek. (I'm not even sure I'd call it a creek it is a spring that comes out of the side of a hill runs maybe 300 feet and goes into a swamp.) I just wanted to practice panning. Anyways I panned my first pan and found 6 very small pieces of gold (what I think is Gold). They acted the same in my pan as the gold I found in Arizona. They were about the diameter of a small needle and the largest was the size of a pen tip. I panned two more pans and found a total of 26 specks or pieces of fine gold. Do you guys think it would be worth panning or making a small sluice box and see what I get?

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Duh, yes!
Congrats on finding gold close to home!

PS there's probably more hiding in the heavy material so be sure to save that last little bit of material from each pan. Take it home, save it up for a while then when you get even better at this, go back and get the rest of your gold :)

OP
OP
C

cwieand

Apr 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to head back out there this weekend and do some more panning I'll try to post some pictures of what I find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread