Rocking Gold Grabber

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
in case folks are wondering what one is.

IMG_1777.JPG

modern day rocker box. cool. let us know how you like it.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks nice and portable, and can be used where motorized is prohibited. Please let us know how well it works

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The picture looks like it has a pump. So, why use something like this which needs somebody to manually rock it, vs a high banker with a pump? I admit that it looks nice.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's motorized. And then there is MOTORIZED. Might be a difference in some areas.

Hoshnasi

May 2, 2011
Cerritos, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there an advantage to this over a high banker or gold cube, etc?

ebuyc

Jan 17, 2012
Spokane, Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The picture looks like it has a pump. So, why use something like this which needs somebody to manually rock it, vs a high banker with a pump? I admit that it looks nice.

This can be used when no motorized equipment restrictions are in place. I bought mine specifically for that reason.

I was not happy with my damaged frame that arrived and the owner didn't want to replace it...
I paid a lot of money for the rockin gold grabber and want people to beware that the company does not want to deal with issues after shipping!
I will never buy anything else from this company and will never talk good about my customer experience thereof... :BangHead:

I do like my rockin gold grabber - but it was unusable when I received it.

My two bits...

Last edited:

Goldgrabber

Mar 24, 2015
England, UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry to hear that as they "might" have been allowed over here but just to avoid any potential confusion due to my name, I have nothing to do with the company that makes this piece of equipment, just a name coincidence as I'm UK based :icon_thumright:

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
and Alan has the business up for sale for $350K, Lots of money for manufacturing equipment in a dying industry.

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sounds to me like someone that just quit caring. of course running the business you are trying to sell into the ground with bad customer service won't help them any.

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I saw plans somewhere for making your own, may have been on here a couple years back.
sorry to hear that as they "might" have been allowed over here but just to avoid any potential confusion due to my name, I have nothing to do with the company that makes this piece of equipment, just a name coincidence as I'm UK based :icon_thumright:

hunterbill

Sep 26, 2012
AK,S.OR,N.Cal
Detector(s) used
MD-20,GMT,Gold Bug pro, Sluice, Dredge, Eyes, ATX, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They don't have a motor. It is a hand pumping action that also rocks it.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been jones ing to get out in the river and test this puppy out. Saturday morning I had some time so I got out for 4hrs.

It worked great! Tested the tailings when I was done and...nothing :)

The only negative at all is it seemed like the the base was flexing alot when I was pumping it aggressively. Felt like it may crack after a while??..

Who knows maybe last forever. But I can definitely vouch for its effectivenise. It worked perfectly in the area I was in. Access to deep water but impossible for sluicing.

Attachments

• 1430688686171.jpg
    1430688686171.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 1430688709617.jpg
    1430688709617.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 1430688768597.jpg
    1430688768597.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 117

Hoshnasi

May 2, 2011
Cerritos, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks pretty cool! I'm a bit surprised by the price. It seems too high. How much classifying do you do before running material?

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw plans somewhere for making your own, may have been on here a couple years back.

Jimmy , you mean the plans to build an exact copy of this rocker box or you are talking in general? if the former then that's runs under the IP (Intellectual Property) laws e.g it's a Design Patented unit, you can't just share that type of info without proper permission from the owner. If you mean plans for building any type of rocker box , then there are plenty online. Just do a search for : Rocker Box Plans and you shall find what you want. Hope I didn't misunderstood your comment :tongue3:

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes it has ! a hand operated pump, which in itself pricey (IMHO) . May be that's the reason this rocker -box is overpriced :dontknow: I know I am stretching the limits here, but it can be made from any other material. Built last century out of wood, then metal, now ABS (may be ?) it's the same principle . Rocker-boxes are very suitable to situations like limited water resources e.g desert or in areas where motorization is prohibited . Can be used as a sampling device.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks pretty cool! I'm a bit surprised by the price. It seems too high. How much classifying do you do before running material?

Yes, I agree it is pricey. But for someone such as my self who has a full time job, kids and other responsibilities, building one would actually cost me more. Time is money as the saying goes.

So you don't need to classify at all as it has a built in classifier but I do use simple bucket grizzlies first before running.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread