Need input from members especially geologists

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Call me crazy, but I've noticed that 90% of gold in quartz specimens have a, for lack of better words, rounded or clustered symmetrical pattern. Indicating super heated waters have passed thru the quartz, thus making irregular shapes of the quartz. Not just a solid chunk of quartz. I found two quartz veins within 5 feet of each other. 1 is a diamond shape cluster with some cubic formations. The other is like a rough translucent surface that the rounded rough ends catch the sunlight and create a sparkle appearance. I think both quartz veins need to be explored via chipping hammer or hammer & chisel. I was hoping for everybodys input. Am I on the right track?' Or is it just the fever!!!
I told my friend Bill to investigate it since he lives in the area, but I don't wont him to spin his wheels on perhaps one of my lame brained hypothesis. That's why I'm calling in the big dogs!!!
U GUYS!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gold hound

Mar 16, 2014
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx, bgt 24" sniper,jobe45, cascade mini high banker, gold buddy vibra-lite colt drywasher, homemade gold vac, keene 140 drywasher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really!!!! No input, & several views!!!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's a lot of Quartz in this world that is completely barren of gold. Has gold been found in the area or downstream of there before?

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your crazy!

What, not like you didn't ask for it :laughing7:

ratled

This theory might be in line with your question

Start about the 3:30 mark

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread