evidence that local mine records have been destroyed

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Sounds just like Social Security Office....this stuff doesn't surprise me...gov workers?

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is nothing new for the Gubermint.
The Olympic Peninsula was dotted with placer and hard rock mines located by miners on their way to the Alaska gold rush. When the National park service created the Olympic National Park it invalidated all of the claims within it's borders. After that the Nat. Park Service set to deleting and obliterating all record of prior mining claims to prevent future miners from locating the old diggings and sneak into the Park for some prospecting. They destroyed all BLM filings and other federally recorded traces of the mines but if you know what you are looking for you can still see the tailing piles inside the Park.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will know after time and everybody complies and goes thru the act of Constitutional due process and a verdict is issued. The Constitution has laid out the way for people to address their grievances, and is also shown to be in the court of public opinion, I believe in it.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will know after time and everybody complies and goes thru the act of Constitutional due process and a verdict is issued. The Constitution has laid out the way for people to address their grievances, and is also shown to be in the court of public opinion, I believe in it.

The BLM's history speaks for it self! It would be fine if they paid any attention to the Constitution.....that's why all this is happening! Oath keepers didn't just decide...lets go start trouble. The Constitution must have been one of those "documents" that BLM lost, destroyed or just threw away.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is how that process works

1- the govt comes in a steals everything you worked for
2- you sue them to be made whole again
3- the govt lawyers stretch the process out for years to eat away at any money you have saved
4- when you win, they appeal and you start the process over again in the next higher court until either the courts rule against you or your case is in the supreme court.
5- you lose all your money trying to do things the right way, and if you should ever actually win, the govt pays you a pittance of what they stole from you and you are still broke from the possible decades of legal battles.

They use the courts as a weapon because they know 99.9% of people will walk away instead of going through the fight.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
http://www.epa.gov/region9/innovations/merrec.html <-------this was at one time freely avai;ble to the pubic, did ya make a hard copy?

some have warned us this will happen

oh forgot to mention, the above post was on the successful mercury milkrun and dredgers, now it leads to a website page

Last edited:

timberjack

Sep 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kaypat,,,,,im from the east coast as it appers you are too.....i have been involved to the extent possible (with all lifes oblagations),, with trying to suppourt miners rights and dredging. One thing i have learned from this process by speaking with blm and usfs officals and by extensively researching laws is that govt. Agencies see themselves as above the laws and when they get caught breaking them somehow it is the miners fault. Blm and the usfs see miners as their opponent. There are too many examples to list just on this site alone of first hand experiances by miners of goverment overreach and abuse of power. As with all things looking past the mainstream media presentation of the "facts" can be very enlightening. Being on the east coast we dont see the day to day culusion between the goverment and enviromental groups trying to strip you and me and our children of our rights to our land. Not the goverments or the serria clubs land.
As with all things look a little deeper into the situation and do some research. Ask people like hefty and hoser to tell you about abuses they have sufferd.
Do you really think if the oathkeepers had not helped the miners and gotten the situation into the media the mine owners would still have a chance? Still have property to protect? Its sad that it has to come to this but really,,,what were their options? Leave and have all they and many others worked for destroyed?
Im not trying to pick on you, i used to believe the goverment agencies folowed the letter of the law but after 2 years of this i now see things diffrently.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue star, if you think a post violates rules report it, keep the commentary out of it.

Red you know the rules, you have been down that road many times, same applies to you as Bluestar.

Kayakpat, keep political comments out of threads, you want to address politics become a CM and sign up for our political forum.

This is not open for debate or discussion on open forums either...

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
http://www.epa.gov/region9/innovations/merrec.html <-------this was at one time freely avai;ble to the pubic, did ya make a hard copy?

some have warned us this will happen

oh forgot to mention, the above post was on the successful mercury milkrun and dredgers, now it leads to a website page

Holy cow< I warned it's happening and now it's happening to my posts on here, what a quinky dink! I think the green pans are best, cuz you can really see the gold- how's that, better? Much more relevant to what's really important and going on in the mining world I suppose.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fowledup, admins chose to have no politics on forums, I was able to get a political forum allowed under charter membership...

Discussing a law that directly relates to treasure hunting is allowed, making political statements is not..

If members want to post political statements go to our political forum to do so...

Per TN rules..

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

Last edited:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
TH, I understand the rules and your point about political statements. However, in these times the very act of mining is a genuine political battle. I don't feel it's possible to discuss one without the other, within reason. I am not saying it's appropriate to rant and argue but discussion of our rights is no different that discussion of our regulations (which are created out of politics). very blurry line to say the least.
just my $.02
Anybody want to talk about which way to swirl the pan?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, I understand the rules and your point about political statements. However, in these times the very act of mining is a genuine political battle. I don't feel it's possible to discuss one without the other, within reason. I am not saying it's appropriate to rant and argue but discussion of our rights is no different that discussion of our regulations (which are created out of politics). very blurry line to say the least.
just my $.02
Anybody want to talk about which way to swirl the pan?
Political statements and laws directly related to treasure hunting are allowed, it is when the posts start including political rhetoric and political catch phrases like sheeple, liberals, conservatives, brown shirts, arguing Constitution, monied interest, gubermint ect not directly related to topic as well as complaining about censorship on TN because a thread was deleted for violating our rules that the problem arises....

Every single member here agrees to our rules by posting here, TN is not a public owned forum it is a private forum with public access. Mods enforce rules set by the owners of TN (admins)..

Our rules are quite clear, politics not DIRECTLY related are forbidden except in our political forum. if a member writes a 500 word reply and in the middle adds political catch pharses and rhetoric to the post it will be deleted, I'm not editing...

Because I delete something doesn't mean I disagree with it, many, many times I do agree, it just means it violates TN rules...

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the case has been presented as one side only, and for promoting self appointed deciders of law and being vigilanties

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am for mining and dredging, but there are proper procedures and laws no matter if you agree with them or not, and methods to address those grieviences. I would like to see ALL the information pertaining to every situation before I blindly side with one or the other. There are people taking unfair and illegal positions on both sides of the fence, and really need to sort them out.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Political statements and laws directly related to treasure hunting are allowed, it is when the posts start including political rhetoric and political catch phrases like sheeple, liberals, conservatives, brown shirts, arguing Constitution, monied interest, gubermint ect not directly related to topic as well as complaining about censorship on TN because a thread was deleted for violating our rules that the problem arises....

Every single member here agrees to our rules by posting here, TN is not a public owned forum it is a private forum with public access. Mods enforce rules set by the owners of TN (admins)..

Our rules are quite clear, politics not DIRECTLY related are forbidden except in our political forum. if a member writes a 500 word reply and in the middle adds political catch pharses and rhetoric to the post it will be deleted, I'm not editing...

Because I delete something doesn't mean I disagree with it, many, many times I do agree, it just means it violates TN rules...

Just a couple comments...
This forum is actually a Privately Owned Public Accommodation, You might want to look that up.
Separating politics from mining will not be an easy or clear cut job nor is it going to get any easier. Good luck to you, I hope that works out.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a couple comments...
This forum is actually a Privately Owned Public Accommodation, You might want to look that up.
Separating politics from mining will not be an easy or clear cut job nor is it going to get any easier. Good luck to you, I hope that works out.

Basically means same thing as what I posted, private business with public access. Its easy, if we feel it crosses the line it will be deleted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread