The Fever Rages on

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm what you would call a recreational prospector. One day I would love to do it full-time, I'm simply just not good enough to bring in an income comparable to what I make now with my 9 to 5. The dream is to one day find a deposit big enough to make some real money off of, time will tell.

Anyhow, I have the fever REAL BAD :headbang:, and it's ever present in my everyday activities. For example, walking down a sidewalk... I can't help but scan the cracks in the concrete as I walk down the street. I know there's not going to be gold there..but I really can't help myself. Just last weekend, I went on a nasty hike with my girlfriend on Saturday with the wrong shoes on resulting in blisters on 4 of my toes. Any sane person would take it easy on Sunday to rest & heal up, but not me! I was right back at it on Sunday morning searching for gold with my toes curled up in my shoes to reduce the stinging pain in my toes, once again...can't help myself.

So there's a couple of my examples..Anyone else have any funny/ ridiculous fever stories :dontknow:??

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most often when I am going to sleep I either try to work out a design problem for one of my gold equipment projects or concentrate on future prospecting trips. Better than counting sheep.:laughing7:

Last edited:

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always got rocks in my pockets, and I don't leave the house in the morning with them, they migrate there.

I'm that weirdo wandering around in the parking lot looking at the ground and picking stuff up. I'm not standing
in the flower bed at a hotel because I'm crazy... That little drainage ditch next to the fancy restaurant, I've hit
that too, and somebody probably thought I was peeing.

I've found gold (though not a lot) in rocks from some weird places.

carnet56

Jan 28, 2013
laurens south carolina
Detector(s) used
white dfx
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
down here in south Carolina there is the new thing putting big rocks along drive ways just for looks I don't know how many times I have stopped and got out and looked at big white rocks looking for gold. I told my buddy its just a matter of time till some one will find gold in one of them

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One long winter, we had a brief warm-up. The snow melted quick and there were little channels of water cutting through all of the fields. As it had been four plus months since I'd been able to pan, I just had to grab my stuff and do some testing. Well, I did, and there was gold in the crease of the pan, flour gold was all, but it scratched the itch until I could hit the mountain gold almost two months later.

All the best,

Lanny

kizzmo

Greenie
Apr 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every day while driving to calls (I'm a plumber) I scan the sides of the roads for ancient river beds and channels, I'm in southern California so I know there's not a lot, but gold has been found in many areas around here, so as I'm driving in always thinking there is a chance!!! Have a trip planned for a week at roaring camp in August and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas right now!

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am incapable of saving concentrates to go through at a later date.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I have to admit that I've got a bad case of "THE FEVER" to. It have led me out to the middle of nowhere for the majority of the last two months and I have a feeling I'm going to be chasing our favorite yellow metal nonstop for years to come. Its amazing how an activity that was once only done with friends as an excuse to sit around and soak up some suds can eventually take over a life. Here are some of the changes that this per suit has brought into my life.
1. Don't soak up suds any more so the money can go towards mining supplies instead.
2. My idea of "relaxing" now is to bust my hump digging, hauling and processing dirt.
3. Payday is now found at the bottom of a pan instead of Friday's deposit at the bank.
4. My savings account is now buckets full of concentraits.
5. Most of my friends also speak "Miner" fluently.
6. Most of my family thinks I've gone off the deep end. Oh wait, they thought that already so no change there.
7. Happiness is a full tank in the truck, and a full pan on the cleanups.

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
down here in south Carolina there is the new thing putting big rocks along drive ways just for looks I don't know how many times I have stopped and got out and looked at big white rocks looking for gold. I told my buddy its just a matter of time till some one will find gold in one of them

Every day i look at rocks in my rock garden, flower beds, my moms, anywhere i get a chance.

I now have a fossil collection, arrowhead collection, because of gold prospecting.

Last edited:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kizzomo, did you see those articles about a month ago and how there is a lot of gold in sewage and drain lines? maybe changing one of those old drainage lines you might hit a big strike: occasion14: I kinda found that unbelievable.:laughing 7: only kidding, hope ya find your dream

kizzmo

Greenie
Apr 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kizzomo, did you see those articles about a month ago and how there is a lot of gold in sewage and drain lines? maybe changing one of those old drainage lines you might hit a big strike: occasion14: I kinda found that unbelievable.:laughing 7: only kidding, hope ya find your dream

Oh it's a gold mine for sure, but only a plumber would know why! Hell, I've even had poo volcano's! I am a true explorer and poo chaser! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions