Best Pitch / Angle Finder

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have ALL kinds of digital toys as well as several apps on my phone.
The award goes to.......... Clinometer angle finder.
Worth the $1.99

Why?

You can lay your phone on its BACK and the little voice will shout out the degrees as you adjust your sluice.
Then, if you need it, change it over to roof pitch.... i.e. 1" per foot etc, and she'll shout out that as you adjust.
GREAT for when you have limited hands and eyes around.

VERY cool.......... made for most phones too.
The voice is a bit annoying... but I just pretend it's a really pretty woman that likes balding old guys.

Doc

Upvote 0

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool idea. I had no idea the phone had that capability. I guess the last bit of advise is to make sure it does not fall into the water. ;-)

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool idea. I had no idea the phone had that capability. I guess the last bit of advise is to make sure it does not fall into the water. ;-)

Or make sure you remove it before you START UP again....
ouch.......

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find! ive been looking for an angle indicator but haven't had any luck finding one. An app would be ideal, I always bring my phone with me even though no service in most places.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not as smart as a smart phone but don't you have to have service on your phone for it to work?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not as smart as a smart phone but don't you have to have service on your phone for it to work?

Nope! apps still work and in fact so does GPS. I use an app called "map my hike" and it is able to track me even though I can't make a call.

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope! apps still work and in fact so does GPS. I use an app called "map my hike" and it is able to track me even though I can't make a call.

Correct ! these (apps) use sensors on the phone to collect data for them to work, no need for a working service unless they want to update themselves (the apps) or send data to online storage, short answer they work either way with service or not .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions