Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe so. I don't know about tree planting but I think they are required to put a layer of dirt over the tailings so that vegetation can grow better.

OP
OP
S

spummerr

Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see that in the jungle, but in Alaska it would be hard to do

mtau

Mar 21, 2013
MT
Detector(s) used
gmt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The answer is: Yes you have to reclaim any land that you disturb while mining with equipment. You have to post a reclamation bond set by DEQ, based on what they figure it would cost them to reclaim your disturbed ground, which is usually about twice as much as it would actually cost. You also have to re-vegitate which is also determined by them. This has to all be approved prier to them approving your POO (Plan of Operation)

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it the same off you own the land outright? I'm not sure but would think that claims like ones on in the show goldrush are on owned property, I could be wrong. Would the same pertain to this?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys on gold rush are all working claims

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here they call the tailings piles Vernal pools and send people down boardwalks to enjoy the beauty.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know if they are patented claims? Going off of the price tag and operation size building etc. I would think that some are, especially Tony Beets operation. I guess the same would have to apply regarding reclamation even if patented.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread