500 $ Mini highbanker options

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious to see any ideas on small highbankers. I have a bazooka sniper 36" and am looking for the 500 dollar mini highbanker for the times the bazooka can't be run. My friend Echoplex just got one and I was impressed with how easy it is once you get it tuned in and set up right. I will probably get the same but wanted many opinions before that. Thoughts and ideas please.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I own no powered equipment but this is one I would include in my considerations were I in the market for one. http://www.goldhog.com/mini_highbanker.htm
Includes the Goldhog mats so no retrofitting necessary.

Good luck

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Use the bazooka. $100 for a 1200gph pump, hose and plumbing (or less). Get a deep cycle battery ($100 or less) and a stand ($50 or so) and you are good to go. A couple people on tnet have posted their build.. I just bought a new pump to build mine (will happen this weekend I think!)Here's one by Hamfist: ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432076325.601301.jpg set up as a recirculating (mine will be at the stream). And here's the pipes: ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432076402.406795.jpg and some key comments: ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432076564.795866.jpg
...awesome how simple it is right?!

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Use the bazooka. $100 for a 1200gph pump, hose and plumbing (or less). Get a deep cycle battery ($100 or less) and a stand ($50 or so) and you are good to go. A couple people on tnet have posted their build.. I just bought a new pump to build mine (will happen this weekend I think!)Here's one by Hamfist: View attachment 1163749 set up as a recirculating (mine will be at the stream). And here's the pipes: View attachment 1163752 and some key comments: View attachment 1163753
...awesome how simple it is right?!

I like the concept but, on a practical note, for large volume production runs in recirc mode?....not so sure. I think a recirc system will need larger receptacles to accommodate waste and provide an adequate water supply without constantly emptying and refilling. Just something to think about. Different recirc setup or water pumped from an unlimited water source and waste to the ground.... good to go.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Agreed and mine will be set up at creek side :)

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the Mini Gold Grabber and the Royal Multi-Purpose 30" Highbanker. Both breakdown and process dirt very well, are packable and run on the same 12v pump

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several options on buckets such as the rectangular "recycle wastebasket" that even a Keene A52 goes into and all the way to the bottom of the wb without wedging against the sides of the bucket (can't do that with a std. 5 gal. bucket). Then some 'smallish' Rubber Maid Tubs that hold more water/solids only need one but have to balance the angle of the setup. Many good things to think about, like Hamfist's..........................63bkpkr

OP
OP
M

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going for the bazooka homemade highbanker. At least I could use the pump and battery on the one I would want later. Went to ace hardware. Bought some pvc piping and fittings. Planning on getting a 1600 gph Johnson pump. I almost feel like there should be a seperate pump for the spray bars at the bottom. Those rely on psi and the top needs more flow. Already have a 900 gph pump that I might play around with.I plan on putting valves wherever possible to adjust. Hope my ducks don't mind me using the duck pond. I will let you know how it goes. KevinColorado please do let us know of any interesting angles or pressure\flow options that you find.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going for the bazooka homemade highbanker. At least I could use the pump and battery on the one I would want later. Went to ace hardware. Bought some pvc piping and fittings. Planning on getting a 1600 gph Johnson pump. I almost feel like there should be a seperate pump for the spray bars at the bottom. Those rely on psi and the top needs more flow. Already have a 900 gph pump that I might play around with.I plan on putting valves wherever possible to adjust. Hope my ducks don't mind me using the duck pond. I will let you know how it goes. KevinColorado please do let us know of any interesting angles or pressure\flow options that you find.

Will do!

PS the tubes don't need very much pressure or total flow so I think the 1600 gph pump may be plenty. I'm building with a 1200 to try to balance production throughput and battery life. We shall see if it's enough :)

Going to the hardware store later today I think so the build is ON!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After spending alot of wasted money on different substandard pump combo's and not being real impressed, I would recommend not skimping on the pump. Yes you can get 1100gph pumps all day for $12 but a day spent trying to get a mediocre system dialed in or a broke system working just isn't worth the savings. A Rule 3700 will operate any of the sluice combos you are contemplating easily and give you the ability to "throttle" the flow up or down to accomodate different types of material. If you gather your material and run it in batches you won't have battery issues. Or look on ebay for a 60 watt solar panel and charger combo for less than a hundred bucks and let it rip all day long. Stay away from the harbor freight panels, for the same money you can get one small panel on ebay that puts out what the three harbor freight panels do. I ended up turning the solar panel into another project, a 1500 watt self contained solar generator. It allows me to run the highbanker pump on 12v and a small roto hammer or electric shop vac for crevace work on a 120v inverter simultaneously. It will run everything on minmy trailer but the A/C unit. Cool project and not nearly as complicated as it sounds. They sell for $750-$1500, by doing it myself I'm into it a total of $250.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all, I need recommendations on a good battery to run my little 1200gph pump. I'm cost conscious and weight conscious too. Thoughts?

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kevin, How many amps does your pump draw? How long do you want to be able to run it in the field? Constantly or intermittently, etc.?

Just went through the battery research and trials and ended up with a 12v 20Ah Duracell deep cycle for my 1200 gph Tsunami for $65. It is perfect for my needs. The battery weighs about 12.5 pounds. My Tsunami only uses 3.5 amps, so I can easily run it intermittently all day long without any issues. I could have even gone less Ah for intermittent use, but would probably not recommend going lower than a 18Ah deep cycle. The 18Ah I was looking at weighed a little less at about 10 pounds...

Also, FWIW, the Stanley jump starters have an 18Ah battery and are almost the same cost as a battery alone. Only downside is that they are a lot heavier at ~18 pounds and bulky: Stanley 1000-Amp Peak Jump Starter #J509 - Walmart.com

If you end up with just a battery, get the Genius maintainer/charger. It is awesome and it actually brought a battery I thought was toast (wouldn't charge or hold a charge) back to life for me: Amazon.com: Genius G750 6V - 12V Smart Charger for Genesis NP8.56 6V 9AH: Electronics

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Davin, I happen to have the exact same pump! Where did you buy your battery? Is the battery in the jump starter a deep cycle type?

I checked out my local Walmart and a local auto parts store, neither one had deep cycle batteries smaller than like a giant car battery :(

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Davin, I happen to have the exact same pump! Where did you buy your battery? Is the battery in the jump starter a deep cycle type?

I checked out my local Walmart and a local auto parts store, neither one had deep cycle batteries smaller than like a giant car battery :(

Maybe Battery's Plus store?

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine at batteries plus. They have a nice selection and it's nice to see everything in person. They also carry the Genius maintainer/chargers there. The battery in the Stanley jump starter is a deep cycle.

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought a wheelchair battery to run my Black Magic table, probably would not do for an all day long run. It's real small, and portable though.It says 12Ah/20Ah on it. 0525150723-01.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It lives!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1432608864.074000.jpg
bazooka Sniper, a $35 1200gph pump, a handful of PVC plastic, an old, hand-me-down stand and an auto-rescue battery. Ran for about an hour and I can say it works decently well and catches gold. It takes more hands on rock clearing as ALL the water runs thru the trap, none over to top to clear the rocks. But it works!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread