Death Valley or bust

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just make sure you're outside the boundaries of the
National Park.

There are some great spots to relic hunt out there, but
the heat would wipe me out in just minutes..lol

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring the essential supplies (digging tools, first aid kit, spare parts ..etc) AND as much as you can of Water ! Avoid Sun burn !

RonnyB

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2015
Henderson Nevada as of June 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck! I'm moving out that way (Henderson, NV) next week arriving June 2 from Florida. Looking forward to poking around the desert myself once I'm settled. I'll be real interested in how you do... :-)

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only been to AZ once , a long time ago, want to see it again and this time spend a little time there. Good Luck to ya

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace , the Panamints have a lot of Au. Many claims and a lot of it is in the Park. North of D.V. are the Inyos. Masurka and Marble Cnys.. Good Luck and stay safe.

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ace, wishing you the best of luck. take plenty of water, watch out for the snakes 2 & 4 leg ones and be careful.
from what little i hear and read there is suppose to be good gold to still be found. there.
keep us updated.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This weekend I will be heading to the gold fields deep in the desert. I will keep you guys posted on what I find . Any tips from you old timers would be cool thanks . You old timers are the best !!!!

Take twice to three times the water you think you'll need. If your not "adapted" to the desert heat, you'll go through it faster than you think.

Dig'em

Jan 24, 2015
Joshua Tree, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
You just might get some rain this weekend. There is some weather moving in. Watch out for flash floods in canyons. Good luck!

OP
OP
Ace 250

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back no gold :( however some cool minerals

OP
OP
Ace 250

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also learned about some great spots I will also be going to the Colorado river this year and calico sliver any info on gold being found here would be great

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread