63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My my Jeff, that does look like a nice Toy! Sigh. and the NFAR is down to 180 cfs in late may could be a good year for one of those orange toys....63bkpkr

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My my Jeff, that does look like a nice Toy! Sigh. and the NFAR is down to 180 cfs in late may could be a good year for one of those orange toys....63bkpkr

I know Herb! About the same price as the landlocked pointer AND waterproof to 10 feet! Sigh. By the time my birthday comes the river will be at it's banks again. Maybe next season.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, at least I'm just learning about it. Anyone have one? I wonder what size the gold would have to be before it was detected?

Garrett Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer Metal Detectors For Sale - Kellyco

I don't have one but I've played around with it a little. Brought in some gold to see what it could detect. Anything airsoft BB and larger it got from a couple inches away. Smaller stuff didn't register. The gold in the pictures vial are large pickers/small nuggets. It detected them individually.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433022985.457039.jpg

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got the older black one and it works very well for metal detecting, once you locate a target with the big one. But what I really like it for is when I'm out prospecting, I bring an plastic #4 classifier and wave the detector over it before dumping out the classifier. I've always wondered how many nuggets got pitched over the years, of course as of yet it hasn't changed anything but I feel better about it..

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got the older black one and it works very well for metal detecting, once you locate a target with the big one. But what I really like it for is when I'm out prospecting, I bring an plastic #4 classifier and wave the detector over it before dumping out the classifier. I've always wondered how many nuggets got pitched over the years, of course as of yet it hasn't changed anything but I feel better about it..

I really like that idea with the plastic classifier!

OP
OP
Jeff95531

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

That's what I do with my MD. The HF pinpointer I have barely works. It will find a nickle 1 inch away but only IF it is laying flat. I tried the coin trick on the side of the wand and maybe got another 1/4 inch.

BTW, the one time I got a signal in my discards, it was a nail. lol

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the old (black) one and this newer one. The new one can pick up smaller stuff that the old one couldn't. For example, the old one couldn't find most sub gram stuff. I tested the old one on various sized pickers a guy had at a show and it wouldn't find any of them. The new one can, but you have to be close and anything smaller than a picker it won't find. Both units are excellent pinpointers and extremely durable in the field. I can't imagine not having a Garrett pinpointer while I'm relic/coin hunting. I don't use either Garrett for gold though. For that I have my Falcon, which just cannot be beat in the realm of detecting small gold. But the Falcon is expensive and FRAGILE. If only we could have the Falcon's guts and technology in a Garret-like pinpointer housing. That would make me very happy.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a pulse induction unit. It will only hit nuggets that are 0.5 gm. and larger. Hope we get some lol. Enjoy
, a metal detectors best friend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread