More on Mercury - Page 7
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 114
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: More on Mercury

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #91
    Charter Member
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration, LLC

    Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    2,985
    4353 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by spaghettigold View Post
    I,didn,t know that selenium binds merc before the t net discussions,only knew about the benefits for nervous system and inflammatory processes coming from omega 3 .
    Due to my extensive sports backround in recently passed away younger years i tryed to eat good and read many articles.I,ve eated ton,s of tuna and i,m smoking like there,s no tomorow.The tuna ,s not gone kille me but the cigarettes may one day.Like you point out we have also to add the dose to the equation.
    May the Masters Degree be with you.(had to google padavan)
    I'm glad your learning. Knowledge is power. And the more knowledge one gains, the more power one gains over their own life.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

  2. #92
    us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    858
    1870 times
    Prospecting
    Just to keep the wheels of debate spinning in the mud. I wanted to post this pic of a friend of mine, taken many years ago before mercury was horribly toxic to even look at.
    He is sitting on/in a vat full of mercury. Notice how he does not sink...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mercury Miner.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	1173192

  3. #93
    us
    Lady Miner

    Oct 2014
    The Sierra Nevadas
    Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Hand Dredge
    476
    816 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    Just to keep the wheels of debate spinning in the mud. I wanted to post this pic of a friend of mine, taken many years ago before mercury was horribly toxic to even look at.
    He is sitting on/in a vat full of mercury. Notice how he does not sink...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mercury Miner.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	1173192
    Woah! Let me guess, he has never had any Mercury related issues?

    Let's build a tiny working dredge and do a controlled test and make it into a video. I would totally photograph it.
    Aufisher likes this.
    A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep. - Saul Bellow

  4. #94

    Oct 2013
    western sahara
    522
    701 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Some tests where already done (i believe by dredging opponents however)
    The problem is how they sold it to the policymakers. Selective data together with misleading wording together with worstcase scenario together with "if" could"would"
    Last edited by spaghettigold; Jun 10, 2015 at 03:58 PM.
    Aufisher likes this.

  5. #95
    Charter Member
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration, LLC

    Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    2,985
    4353 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by spaghettigold View Post
    Some tests where already done (i believe by dredging opponents however)
    The problem is how they sold it to the policymakers. Selective data together with misleading wording together with worstcase scenario together with "if" could"would"
    You mean this one? http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/publications...report2005.pdf

    If I remember right, this test was done with an older crash box style dredge. And it still recovered 98% of the mercury.

    And here's an interesting part about this:
    The USFS volunteered their mineral evaluation
    team, based in Redding (Rich Teixeiria, Jim
    DeMaagd, and Tera Curren), to perform the test.
    According to Rich Teixeiria, the team’s dredge
    is a Keene Engineering fl oating 4 inch dredge
    powered by a Honda 5.5 horsepower engine.
    It is similar to those used by recreational
    dredgers to recover gold (see fi g.3). A single
    sluice box used carpet and riffles but no
    “miners” moss (i.e., woven nylon fabric placed
    between the riffl es and carpet for enhanced
    gold recovery).

    So they used an old crash box style dredge (that really isn't all that good at fine gold recovery) with no miner's moss and claimed that it was similar to what the dredgers used.

    Last I checked, most guys are using over under sluices with jet flares and miner's moss plus a few other goodies to recover the fine gold. It was realized that there is a hell of a lot more fine stuff out there than nuggets.

    So what would happen if one of the newer dredges completely set up for both nugget and fine gold recovery was used to do a new test? I'm betting better than 99.5% recovery of mercury.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

  6. #96
    us
    Lady Miner

    Oct 2014
    The Sierra Nevadas
    Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper, Hand Dredge
    476
    816 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Machinist View Post
    You mean this one? http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/publications...report2005.pdf

    If I remember right, this test was done with an older crash box style dredge. And it still recovered 98% of the mercury.

    And here's an interesting part about this:
    The USFS volunteered their mineral evaluation
    team, based in Redding (Rich Teixeiria, Jim
    DeMaagd, and Tera Curren), to perform the test.
    According to Rich Teixeiria, the team’s dredge
    is a Keene Engineering fl oating 4 inch dredge
    powered by a Honda 5.5 horsepower engine.
    It is similar to those used by recreational
    dredgers to recover gold (see fi g.3). A single
    sluice box used carpet and riffles but no
    “miners” moss (i.e., woven nylon fabric placed
    between the riffl es and carpet for enhanced
    gold recovery).

    So they used an old crash box style dredge (that really isn't all that good at fine gold recovery) with no miner's moss and claimed that it was similar to what the dredgers used.

    Last I checked, most guys are using over under sluices with jet flares and miner's moss plus a few other goodies to recover the fine gold. It was realized that there is a hell of a lot more fine stuff out there than nuggets.

    So what would happen if one of the newer dredges completely set up for both nugget and fine gold recovery was used to do a new test? I'm betting better than 99.5% recovery of mercury.
    That's what I'm talking about! Just need a lot of gravels and one those Kmart ring pools.
    Aufisher and Mad Machinist like this.
    A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep. - Saul Bellow

  7. #97
    us
    fowledup

    Jul 2013
    Northern California
    Whites GMT V/SAT
    2,757
    5167 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gilded Lens View Post
    That's what I'm talking about! Just need a lot of gravels and one those Kmart ring pools.
    Actually no, this is basically what they did in one of the tests. They kept recirciing the water from the catch tank. To be realistic it should be fresh water not water that has just been pumped thru a closed environment with mercury, not apples to apples. Many many tests already done, that which cannot be twisted shall be ignored so sayeth team green and our political machine
    Last edited by fowledup; Jun 10, 2015 at 07:22 PM.
    Folks may not remember the words of what you said but they dang sure will remember how you made them feel!

  8. #98
    us
    Aug 2008
    Alabama
    920
    1049 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by spaghettigold View Post
    so much for containing myself...

    Takoda,s popcorn consuption should also be considered toxic in the meantime..lol

    I'm just watching the debate man . Anything I would say is already being
    said .... plus some .... by people who know more about it than I do .

    No need for my two penny's . But like Washer and others ...... I know a smoke
    screen when I see one .
    Goldwasher, Hefty1 and Aufisher like this.
    " A man should look for what is , and not for what he thinks should be ". Albert Einstein





  9. #99
    us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    858
    1870 times
    Prospecting
    Yup...and where there is smoke, there is fire...and no one is safe around fire
    Aufisher likes this.

  10. #100
    Charter Member
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration, LLC

    Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    2,985
    4353 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by spaghettigold View Post
    Some tests where already done (i believe by dredging opponents however)
    The problem is how they sold it to the policymakers. Selective data together with misleading wording together with worstcase scenario together with "if" could"would"
    Yea, when words like "if", "might", "may", "could" and the rests of the CMA words are used, I tend to take a very hard look at that study as that tells me that either the method of study used is inadequate and deficient or those doing the study are inadequate or deficient.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

  11. #101

    Oct 2013
    western sahara
    522
    701 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Takoda
    Madmachinist;knowledge is also pain

    Here some explanations(part one) for the study you posted; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM0L...kx87-9q9TCREqg





    Maybe some additions to the report and also film later later.

    Basicly for me it boils down to how the scientists /rewiever is presenting the facts to the policymakers that are obligated to trust this people.And here the spirits of the involved Scientists
    comes in to play.The data ,as a whole(not only the actual testdata but including the whole mercury -enviroment equation) is prodredging.I read also that the rewiever Mr.Alpers has some connections to the sierra fund.Others in this forum know more about it.
    Mad,as far as the "ifs","may"and "could,s" concern, they can get away with it because of the...
    Last edited by spaghettigold; Jun 11, 2015 at 02:51 PM.

  12. #102
    Charter Member
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration, LLC

    Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    2,985
    4353 times
    Prospecting
    Yes, sometimes knowledge can be a pain, especially when you have to deal with stoopidity and emotionally based responses.

    Don't have a scientific ground to stand on? Run around and scream racist at the top of your lungs.

    If knowledge equals racism then it's official. I hate everyone.
    Aufisher, Hefty1 and Hoser John like this.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

  13. #103
    Charter Member
    us
    Period Six Mining and Exploration, LLC

    Aug 2010
    Southeast Arizona
    2,985
    4353 times
    Prospecting
    And before I forget, keep this up. We are getting to them. And what I just had to repair is any indication, it is going to get rather nasty before it gets any better.
    Aufisher and The Gilded Lens like this.
    Mining is how I make my living. I turn mountains into dust on a daily basis.

  14. #104

    Oct 2013
    western sahara
    522
    701 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Here some more from people who are Greene AND Wise ,a combination the sierra fund and other opponents involved can only dream of. http://www.goldgold.com/wp-content/u..._5-18-2015.pdf and http://www.goldgold.com/wp-content/u...8-15-Final.pdf

    These are outtakes from ratled,s posted links in his latest" SB state paperwork " post

    I,m a bit short in responses cause like caribou said,we have also a life outside the forum,but you know that too mad machinist ,since you have to manage also your studys.
    But we ain,t in a hurry enyway.
    Last edited by spaghettigold; Jun 13, 2015 at 06:50 AM.

  15. #105

    Oct 2013
    western sahara
    522
    701 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Machinist View Post
    And before I forget, keep this up. We are getting to them. And what I just had to repair is any indication, it is going to get rather nasty before it gets any better.
    Birds,frogs,fish and earth orbit threatened by dredgers?
    The Gilded Lens likes this.

 

 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 43 Mercury
    By The Dig Dig in forum Florida
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2014, 06:18 PM
  2. Mercury ?
    By cfdfire in forum Gold Prospecting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 02, 2012, 08:39 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2008, 12:00 AM
  4. No Mercurys but.....
    By vw in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr 10, 2007, 09:09 AM
  5. My first mercury !!!!!!!
    By gold fish in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2006, 09:20 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0