Whats the best dry suit for dredging in the cold?

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
7mm wetsuit with a quality heater will be better than any drysuit.
A dry suit becomes useless when you get one pinhole in it, might as well get wet and be done with it.

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use a 7mm long john with jacket, very warm, ability to make it not so warm if it becomes too much and they were fairly cheap

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With new closed cell technology in wetsuit rubber you are toasty warm with a proper hood, dual gloves and water socks with hiking boots. I tried a dozen drysuits and holes, torn seals etc etc make them a pain and cost is insane. No one stays down on the rough sharp bottom like dredgers so made for swimming and fishie looking. ALSO you must pee,just a fact of life. In a wetsuit just pull down the zipper and done. Drysuit,crawl outta the water,turn dredge down/off,tear off them heavy weights,tear that thang off before you pee yourself-THEN you get to repeat the same process multiple times a day at a costs of hours of production instead of a zip,pee and back to work in a minutes time-John

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the way it always works, the instant you're suited up, in the water and dredge is running ,you have to pee.

OP
OP
H

hunterbill

Sep 26, 2012
AK,S.OR,N.Cal
Detector(s) used
MD-20,GMT,Gold Bug pro, Sluice, Dredge, Eyes, ATX, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It has to be a dry suit. I will be Working in below zero temps and it is an hour on snow shoes back to the cabin. I don't care about cheep. DRY is the operative word. So far i have found one made by BARE available from Alaska Mining and diving supply, and one made for Proline by I forget who. Dose anyone know of any other good DRY suits or Know these ones?

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With new closed cell technology in wetsuit rubber you are toasty warm with a proper hood, dual gloves and water socks with hiking boots. I tried a dozen drysuits and holes, torn seals etc etc make them a pain and cost is insane. No one stays down on the rough sharp bottom like dredgers so made for swimming and fishie looking. ALSO you must pee,just a fact of life. In a wetsuit just pull down the zipper and done. Drysuit,crawl outta the water,turn dredge down/off,tear off them heavy weights,tear that thang off before you pee yourself-THEN you get to repeat the same process multiple times a day at a costs of hours of production instead of a zip,pee and back to work in a minutes time-John

I understand the pee part but please explain the "zip"...:censored:

no one borrows my suit...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread