Starting a Local Club

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If i wanted to start a local club in Villa Rica, (which i do) what things do i need. I have no idea what to expect, if anyone would even be interested in joining, If we take donations to get shirts, bumper stickers, etc would i need any special tax forms? This is all new to me but its something i REALLY want to do. Wouldnt mind running things but i need to know some more before i get my feet wet. i dont want to drown lol.

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
After helping getting 2 clubs started in Misery Ive come to the conclusion to use the KISS method like John ALWAYS says. keep it simple! I don't like big clubs telling you what you must do. clubs are fine but keep it Just called a club amoung friends. make up your own rules and what happens if those rules are broke! keep everyone involved with everything. the clubs I used to belong to became "entertainment" for most of the "club members" and left most of the work for a few todo! that fact turned me off to these types of clubs. one club just panned fixed up cons and bar b qed at a park and once certain people got into prez/vice prez/ treasurer it went to heck in a hand basket! I wont associate with them anymore! Goodluck on your decision!

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Talk to the folks at Pine mountain Gold Museum, they have outdoor pavilions they might let you use. Starting a club is easy keeping the club going takes a lot of work, my suggestion is start a group, get a good core of like minded people and go from there. find a property or two, people who are interested will only stay that way if they have something to keep them coming back. Also do not put up with any drama from anyone it will kill a club in a heart beat. Like Russau said common operations only work when everyone does their share of work. that is why our club only has a common on special events, the rest of the year it's keep what you find...
Good Luck!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chat up the folks at the VR gold history museum about hosting your club. Could be a good meeting place and a way to let folks know about the club :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions