Gold nuggets

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
Vodka1000 said:
How much is a 1 gram of clean 100% river gold nugget, I have probably 12 of them 8 grams total.

Regards,
:)

Nuggets are rarely better than 20 to 22 Karat. New York Spot price for gold was $668.50 and theres 31.1034768 grams in a Troy Ounce so, that equals about $21.49 per gram. Current eBay selling prices for nuggets are about 80% to 90% of spot price. Larger, or unusually shaped nuggets can sell for more, but small nuggets and flake gold would have to have the impurities removed, to make them 24K, if you hope to get spot price for them.

For information on smelting your gold check out the posts in this thread:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,86794.0.html

F.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: Right on function, for some reason it is assumed that all gold (Au) in Nature is !00%. At the "Lluvia de Oro" mine in Chihuahua, of which I once had 30%, sniff, it ran only 45 -60%.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
Hi Don Jose de La Mancha;

Some of the nuggets I've seen on eBay might be from a mine like you mentioned. There are some that have a very noticeable red tint to the gold, likely due to iron and others that seem to have an unusually light "gold" color, possibly alloyed with silver, or platinum. I do find that the prices on eBay are rather low right now and it might have something to do with the person I heard about on the news a couple of weeks back, who was selling fake gold bars. Either that, or people just don't think the price of gold is going to stay up there for much longer. Personally, I think it will stay above $670 U.S. and maybe go higher into the low $700's by the end of the year.

F.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Function: It had better hit $800 + hehehe. I have royalties coming.

Cu alloyed with Au will give a rose colored tint also. There are many combinations that form many different colors, shades. and hardness.

You are right on function, impressed

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread