two commissioners gone from Kal Fish and Game
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree26Likes
  • 3 Post By rodoconnor
  • 1 Post By ratled
  • 2 Post By fowledup
  • 1 Post By mike(swWash)
  • 5 Post By Oakview2
  • 4 Post By arizau
  • 1 Post By fowledup
  • 4 Post By Tnmountains
  • 5 Post By goldenIrishman

Thread: two commissioners gone from Kal Fish and Game

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2012
    1641 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

two commissioners gone from Kal Fish and Game

Commissioners Rogers and Sutton have been removed from the Fish and Games commission. They are infamous for ignoring scientific information and arbitrarily forcing a radical " green" agenda. I have no information on who will be replacing them. I doubt they could be worse...However...

Feb 2014
    2269 times
    Link? Source? Article? reason?

TIA

ratled
    Aufisher likes this.
    Never confuse motion with progress

Illegitimi non carborundum

us
    fowledup

Jul 2013
    Northern California
    Whites GMT V/SAT
    5169 times
    Prospecting
    Their apppointments had been up for awhile and were serving until the Gov. made new ones. Lost two and gained two more with even less experience as outdoorsman, no difference -and your new replacements are;

Eric Sklar, 52, of St. Helena, has been appointed to the California Fish and Game Commission. Sklar has been founder and managing partner at Cs2 Wines LLC since 2012 and president at Preslar Ventures Inc. since 2001. He was founder and managing partner at Alpha Omega Winery from 2005 to 2013 and served as a member of the St. Helena City Council from 2003 to 2010 and the City of St. Helena Planning Commission from 2002 to 2003. Sklar was chairman and chief executive officer at Infohaze Inc. from 1999 to 2001, an adjunct professor at the Georgetown University McDonough School of Business from 1997 to 1999 and founder and chief executive officer at Burrito Brothers Inc. from 1989 to 1999. He earned a Master of Business Administration degree from the Georgetown University McDonough School of Business. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Sklar is a Democrat.

Anthony Williams, 47, of Huntington Beach, has been appointed to the California Fish and Game Commission. Williams has been director of government relations at the Boeing Company since 2014. He served as policy director and counsel in the Office of California State Senate President pro Tem Darrell Steinberg from 2010 to 2014, was founding partner at Wada Williams Law Group LLP from 2006 to 2010, director of government affairs at the State Bar of California from 2004 to 2006 and principal consultant for California State Senate President pro Tem John L. Burton from 2000 to 2004. Williams was a consultant for the California Democratic Party from 2000 to 2004, senior legislative advocate at the Judicial Council of California from 1994 to 2000, senior consultant at Ernst and Young LLP from 1993 to 1994 and a capital fellow in the Office of California State Assemblymember Thomas Hannigan from 1990 to 1991. He is founder and president of Stand Strong Foundation Inc. Williams earned a Juris Doctor degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law and a Master of Public Policy degree from the Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Williams is a Democrat.
    Last edited by fowledup; Jun 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM.
    ratled and Aufisher like this.
    Folks may not remember the words of what you said but they dang sure will remember how you made them feel!

us
    Just Another Old Guy

Feb 2008
    Grays Harbor in Washington state
    Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it
    1292 times
    Prospecting
    Since they're appointed to the positions, I doubt they'll be much help to any outdoors person. Probably will just be clones of the past position holders and those that put them there
    Aufisher likes this.
    I'm a drinker with a heavy prospecting problem and I'm out of dirt again

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    Time to take the trash out in Sac, starting with Brown and then the rest of the out of touch legislature.
    "The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    3153 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by fowledup View Post
    Their apppointments had been up for awhile and were serving until the Gov. made new ones. Lost two and gained two more with even less experience as outdoorsman, no difference -and your new replacements are;

Eric Sklar, 52, of St. Helena, has been appointed to the California Fish and Game Commission. Sklar has been founder and managing partner at Cs2 Wines LLC since 2012 and president at Preslar Ventures Inc. since 2001. He was founder and managing partner at Alpha Omega Winery from 2005 to 2013 and served as a member of the St. Helena City Council from 2003 to 2010 and the City of St. Helena Planning Commission from 2002 to 2003. Sklar was chairman and chief executive officer at Infohaze Inc. from 1999 to 2001, an adjunct professor at the Georgetown University McDonough School of Business from 1997 to 1999 and founder and chief executive officer at Burrito Brothers Inc. from 1989 to 1999. He earned a Master of Business Administration degree from the Georgetown University McDonough School of Business. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Sklar is a Democrat.

Anthony Williams, 47, of Huntington Beach, has been appointed to the California Fish and Game Commission. Williams has been director of government relations at the Boeing Company since 2014. He served as policy director and counsel in the Office of California State Senate President pro Tem Darrell Steinberg from 2010 to 2014, was founding partner at Wada Williams Law Group LLP from 2006 to 2010, director of government affairs at the State Bar of California from 2004 to 2006 and principal consultant for California State Senate President pro Tem John L. Burton from 2000 to 2004. Williams was a consultant for the California Democratic Party from 2000 to 2004, senior legislative advocate at the Judicial Council of California from 1994 to 2000, senior consultant at Ernst and Young LLP from 1993 to 1994 and a capital fellow in the Office of California State Assemblymember Thomas Hannigan from 1990 to 1991. He is founder and president of Stand Strong Foundation Inc. Williams earned a Juris Doctor degree from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law and a Master of Public Policy degree from the Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government. This position requires Senate confirmation and the compensation is $100 per diem. Williams is a Democrat.
    Absolutely no background of any type of wildlife related education or job history in their resumes. If others on the commission are as "eminently qualified" there is no wonder as to why your state is so screwed up. It is too bad that most of the voting public is ignorant of what is going on around them and elect only those that offer freebies, etc. and those, while in office, make such poor choices in the interest of special interest groups by nominating and confirming these types of people. Sad, sad state of affairs there and throughout the U.S.
    Last edited by arizau; Jun 19, 2015 at 11:34 AM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    fowledup

Jul 2013
    Northern California
    Whites GMT V/SAT
    5169 times
    Prospecting
    The positions are stepping stones for those wanting to branch into government, no experience needed as no one will question the appointment.
    Aufisher likes this.
    Folks may not remember the words of what you said but they dang sure will remember how you made them feel!

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    9005 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Is this the Fish and game and wine?
    Sad that you get new officials that oversee many aspects of our hobby and livelihood hired and that the closest they have come to the outdoors is from a winery!
    Pathetic!
    I like the commercial where you bonk someone in the head and say "I could have had a V-8.
    Someone needs to bonk them with a gold pan and say " I could have had a gold nugget"
    Last edited by Tnmountains; Jun 19, 2015 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Bobby to hobby lol
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6157 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    Welcome to California. The finest wines in the country as well as the finest government money can buy. Is it any wonder i left that place? Talk about the blind leading the visually impaired!!!!!!
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links