fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This was posted by McClod on the Treasure General Discussion forum, thought everyone might enjoy it........................

The settling of America
Folks I know this isn't about metal detecting, but I couldn't help but share this! I was reading on an Old West website that has many short but factual stories about the old west. As the other stories I had read of before I know them to be true, but this HAS to be true as well, without much thought you'll see what I mean. I'm quoting it below. Enjoy, and wonder at the marvels our society has bestowed upon us.

From an old west website

Indian Chief “Two Eagles” was asked by a white U.S. government official, “You have observed the white man for 90 years. You’ve seen his wars and his technological advances. You’ve seen his progress, and the damage he’s done Chief Two Eagles."

The chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued, “Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?

The chief stared at the government official then replied, “When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex.”

Then the chief leaned back and smiled, “Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.”

====================

WHAT HAVE WE DONE!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to take our knowledge we have and build a time machine, go back and fix this thing. Man the Indians had it good

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
i Saw that same one on Facebook earlier today and I will post the same reply here...
HOW THE HECK DO WE GO BACK TO THAT?!?!?!?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions