James Buchals SB report

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
James Buchal's SB report

James just sent this out

ratled

EVENTS OF THE MORNING [This portion of the e-mail is not particularly sensitive and might be circulated further]

This morning we appeared before Judge Ochoa for the hearing on our motion for an injunction. Immediately prior to the hearing, the Judge’s clerk handed out a very short tentative ruling denying our motion for an injunction on the basis that miners were not suffering any irreparable injury, and the balance of factors before him did not weigh in favor of an injunction. The first rationale for denying an injunction is contrary to all available law, and the second was not explained enough to be comprehensible. The ruling was less than a page long.

When the Judge assumed the bench, he appeared to be in a bad mood and asked if we wished to argue the motion, or accept the tentative. When I said I wished to argue, he informed me I had five minutes to do so. I noted that The New 49’ers, Inc. plaintiffs were not bound by his earlier ruling denying an injunction in the Kimble case, and that all the ongoing arrests, seizures and losses of the opportunity to mine constituted irreparable injury under every case available and the governing Code of Civil Procedure.

The Judge responded by stating that most of the mining was recreational, to which I responded that the plaintiffs standing before him constituted professional miners locked out of their profession since 2009. I attempted to argue further and was told my time was up. Mr. Young followed by reminding the Judge that he had found a violation of the constitutional rights of the miners, and that the continuing invasion of those rights was per se irreparable. The Judge asked the Department what they thought about that, and the State offered no more, in substance, than “we disagree”. The Judge announced that the tentative ruling would become final.

The Judge announced that he wished to set a trial date to bring this, his longest CEQA case, to a close, and proposed a trial date of January 20, 2016. The Department’s attorney objected, claiming that the remaining takings claims would take weeks and weeks to try. I objected that we had 24 claims at issue with roughly a dozen clients, and we could probably put on our case in a week; if the Judge certified a class action, it would be appropriate to devise some sort of expedited damage claim proceeding. The Judge directed the parties to work out a trial date.

I reminded the Judge that he had never signed the order sought by the Department which would bar the parties to the consolidated actions, as well as me personally and any clients who might wish to hire me, from filing for relief from the ongoing enforcement actions in Siskiyou County. The Judge indicated that he had no record of receiving the State’s proposed order, my response, or for that matter another previously-submitted order scheduling briefing on the CEQA and other record-based claims further proceedings, another remarkable development. I provided him with copies of the documents, and the Judge signed the orders, one of which arguably bars me from initiating any new suction dredging actions for any client in Siskiyou County. Like the Court’s denial of the injunction, I cannot see that this order has any basis in law.

Upvote 0

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
So lets let this Ca Dept, and all others continue in their own unconstitutional corrupt way...sad,sad state this is.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a joke... Not only the state stepping over the Ochoa ruling but now Ochoa himself.. Why rule on something then not take action to defend that ruling?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am just vented to my Ex about this, I am broken hearted. :(

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judge Ochoa threw out the baby with the bathwater. NO injunctions and because the miners refused to participate equitably in the court mandated arbitration he threw it all out.All the other scheduled hearings cancelled completely. Come Jan.20 ALL cases will be adjudicated with no further delays. When you refuse to even do what he mandated for a full year you are the f outta there. Stubborn insolence(lawyer for PLOP wasn't even on time for the hearing!!)by REFUSING to attend court mandated arbitration and racist extermination are NOT what the judge expected as results. He was SOOOO pod he even signed a court order mandating Cancers lawyer NOT be able to defend any of the fools who dredge the Klamath, Siskiyou County, because of the insane posts and letters "Come on up and dredge as we make our own rules/laws up here hahaha... Yaaa how's' that working out as the tickets, seizures and jail time has proven. Wipeout across the board as not a single person listened to his mandate-SHOW ME THE IRREVOCABLE DAMAGES" and not a soul presented a single case, just the same ol' tired bs.
icon_e_confused.gif
Good job...........John....Go ahead rant ,rave, curse me but facts are facts and here they are as I'll NOT waste a second revisiting this insipid mess. As ye sow so shall ye reap is my last word and look on this stupidity. Our actions in the 94 dredge committee got us all 15 more years of dredging in kalif in spite of the ungodly obstructionism and you have for 7 years felt the pain of what your heros have brought to your homes..fini....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread