Down about $600 dollars - Lost my backpack in the river along with my new GoPro!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Down about $600 dollars - Lost my backpack in the river along with my new GoPro!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)

Down about $600 dollars - Lost my backpack in the river along with my new GoPro!

Whelp yesterday was a horrible day.

I went sniping on lower Clear Creek with the family and friends.
    While no one was looking my 3 year old tossed my backpack into the creek and the water took it.

This was just above the Gorge where the Salmon Viewing area is, down from the yellow BLM gate.

I always bring everything down with me and keep it away from the water.
    I had my only set of truck and house keys in it, my GoPro, My wallet and ALL cash that I had and misc tools.
    I had to break out the ignition to be able to drive home.

Here are my losses for the day, and everything that was in my wallet was all the money that I have - I am in between work and this is hitting me hard.

$300: Brand new GoPro Hero 3+ Silver (I just replaced this one too!)
    $80: Jansport hiking camelback backpack
    $15: Wallet (ALL of my cards, every last important card that I have)
    $30: New ID
    $45+: cash in my wallet
    $50: Re-Key my trucks doors
    $30: New Ignition cylinder
    $50: Misc tools, weights, sunblock, DEET spray, allergy medicine and gloves.

I am thinking about running a raffle to try to make up for my losses today.

(content removed)

It really sucks to be as broke as I am right now but I am between work and cant bounce back from this easily.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jun 28, 2015 at 12:24 AM.
    Check out my Gold Sniping video's. http://www.youtube.com/CrainRacing

Head in the water, butt in the air.
    Now I know why ducks do it!
    Underwater Sniper n00b

us
    Apr 2009
    1551 times
    Hopefully someone will find it and return it.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6667 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Kids do the strangest thing for sure. Bummer to hear and in this ungodly heat,109 at my house yesterday. Hope a honest soul finds it and calls as if the homeless scum there finds it ooooooo my god. John
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10626 times
    Prospecting
    I'm in Neo, run the raffle!
    Aufisher likes this.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4470 times
    to bad you didn't take a hike down the river to look for it! that pack would probly get snagged on a limb or rock ..... I wish you the best!
    Reed Lukens and Aufisher like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30020 times
    Sorry Neo but it violates rules to use TreasureNet to run auction, you can sell if your a charter member. If you want to join as Charter Member and sell your bottles I'm sure they will sell, I will pay your CM fee in exchange for 1 bottle...

Per TN rules..

"You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

You may not... sell, raffle, or auction items on behalf of any person or organization."
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jun 26, 2015 at 09:43 AM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Send me an address and I will get one out to you.
    I greatly appreciate it, it would be a huge help to me.

As for the raffle I was going to do it through my facebook so that it would be easier to keep track of names.
    Am I allowed to link that here?

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Sorry Neo but it violates rules to use TreasureNet to run auction, you can sell if your a charter member. If you want to join as Charter Member and sell your bottles I'm sure they will sell, I will pay your CM fee in exchange for 1 bottle...

Per TN rules..

"You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

You may not... sell, raffle, or auction items on behalf of any person or organization."
    I did go down to try to find it but it was already getting dark by the time I noticed it was gone and my middle daughter said that my youngest chucked it in.

My babysitter is on her way and I am going to go back out and drift down the creek looking for it.

I really do hope that someone finds it and returns it. Even if they keep the cash I would rather have my backpack, wallet and gopro.
    I have the serial to the GoPro so when I get back I am going to report it missing.

Thanks again for your support everyone, its good to have friends that care.
    Aufisher and russau like this.

Underwater Sniper n00b

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30020 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyo View Post
    Send me an address and I will get one out to you.
    I greatly appreciate it, it would be a huge help to me.

As for the raffle I was going to do it through my facebook so that it would be easier to keep track of names.
    Am I allowed to link that here?

I did go down to try to find it but it was already getting dark by the time I noticed it was gone and my middle daughter said that my youngest chucked it in.

My babysitter is on her way and I am going to go back out and drift down the creek looking for it.

I really do hope that someone finds it and returns it. Even if they keep the cash I would rather have my backpack, wallet and gopro.
    I have the serial to the GoPro so when I get back I am going to report it missing.

Thanks again for your support everyone, its good to have friends that care.
    Sorry, we don't allow links to Facebook that have anything to do with treasure hunting...

I will do your CM, but it will probably be Monday before it appears on your name since I'm doing it for another member..

I will pm you the adress...
    NeoTokyo and ALewis like this.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    30020 times
    Okay, your CM is paid for, if you get access to CM forum before June 30th be sure you sign up for the Charter Member June giveaway, you never know....

PM sent...
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jun 26, 2015 at 02:58 PM.
    NeoTokyo, DizzyDigger and ALewis like this.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3747 times
    I truly am sorry for the loss but I have to admit that I am still laughing
    But Kids will be kids, and we still love them regardless

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thanks TH, I greatly appreciate it!

Reed, I know. I cant even really get mad at them though, I have more of the sick pit in my stomach feeling that being angry right now.

Ok, I am heading out now. If you guys don't hear from me in the next day send out the search parties to lower clear creek! lol
    lol, luckily the water is a little low so not quite as crazy as usual.

Underwater Sniper n00b

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    2226 times
    I wish you luck and am sorry to hear about your misfortune.. I was thinking, it says you had weights in the pack and id be willing to bet that you pack is sitting on the bottom of the river somewhere not far from where it went in. Might have to do some swimming in a bunch of places but you just might find it, dont give up yet!
    Aufisher likes this.
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3747 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTokyo View Post
    Thanks TH, I greatly appreciate it!

Reed, I know. I cant even really get mad at them
    I know, I mean your 3 year old
    All you can do is laugh and not leave anything close to him for another year I've been there. All kids love throwing your gear in the river at that age just to see your response
    Aufisher and Hoser John like this.

May 2013
    The Golden State
    Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
    4841 times
    Prospecting
    Good luck brother! Keep that smile on and you will find gold coin you have been looking for to make up losses. I hope you find it on a good semeritan. We all love your videos!
    NeoTokyo likes this.
    I am a teacher, hydrologist, biologist and a prospector.

us
    Sniper

Aug 2012
    Redding
    1575 times
    Prospecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Whelp I did not find the backpack today.
    I started above the gorge and ended close to the Honey Bee trail head, a few miles of creek.
    I am quite tired and it took me a while to warm up again. x_x

While I was hanging my Lost signs up at the bathrooms I asked a few people if they had heard anything about it.
    Apparently I had just missed (By about 20 or 30 minutes) a couple people that were fighting over a Burnt Orange backpack and who got to keep it.
    The police showed up to settle matters and of course they aren't going to say they found it so they went off on their marry way with possibly my backpack.

This was at the Gold Dredge trail head (further down than I swam.)

I also forgot to include in my list a very nice 10.5" fixed blade Buck knife, it was a gift from a friend.

Whelp, I am going to eat dinner and go to bed.

Thanks again for your support everyone, G'Night.
    Reed Lukens, Oakview2 and Aufisher like this.

Underwater Sniper n00b

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links