Down about $600 dollars - Lost my backpack in the river along with my new GoPro!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whelp yesterday was a horrible day.

I went sniping on lower Clear Creek with the family and friends.
While no one was looking my 3 year old tossed my backpack into the creek and the water took it.

This was just above the Gorge where the Salmon Viewing area is, down from the yellow BLM gate.

I always bring everything down with me and keep it away from the water.
I had my only set of truck and house keys in it, my GoPro, My wallet and ALL cash that I had and misc tools.
I had to break out the ignition to be able to drive home.

Here are my losses for the day, and everything that was in my wallet was all the money that I have - I am in between work and this is hitting me hard. :(

$300: Brand new GoPro Hero 3+ Silver (I just replaced this one too!)
$80: Jansport hiking camelback backpack
$15: Wallet (ALL of my cards, every last important card that I have)
$30: New ID
$45+: cash in my wallet
$50: Re-Key my trucks doors
$30: New Ignition cylinder
$50: Misc tools, weights, sunblock, DEET spray, allergy medicine and gloves.

I am thinking about running a raffle to try to make up for my losses today.

(content removed)

It really sucks to be as broke as I am right now but I am between work and cant bounce back from this easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kids do the strangest thing for sure. Bummer to hear and in this ungodly heat,109 at my house yesterday. Hope a honest soul finds it and calls as if the homeless scum there finds it ooooooo my god. John

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in Neo, run the raffle!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Neo but it violates rules to use TreasureNet to run auction, you can sell if your a charter member. If you want to join as Charter Member and sell your bottles I'm sure they will sell, I will pay your CM fee in exchange for 1 bottle...

Per TN rules..

"You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

You may not... sell, raffle, or auction items on behalf of any person or organization."

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Send me an address and I will get one out to you. :)
I greatly appreciate it, it would be a huge help to me.

As for the raffle I was going to do it through my facebook so that it would be easier to keep track of names.
Am I allowed to link that here?

Sorry Neo but it violates rules to use TreasureNet to run auction, you can sell if your a charter member. If you want to join as Charter Member and sell your bottles I'm sure they will sell, I will pay your CM fee in exchange for 1 bottle...

Per TN rules..

"You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

You may not... sell, raffle, or auction items on behalf of any person or organization."

I did go down to try to find it but it was already getting dark by the time I noticed it was gone and my middle daughter said that my youngest chucked it in.

My babysitter is on her way and I am going to go back out and drift down the creek looking for it.

I really do hope that someone finds it and returns it. Even if they keep the cash I would rather have my backpack, wallet and gopro.
I have the serial to the GoPro so when I get back I am going to report it missing.

Thanks again for your support everyone, its good to have friends that care.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me an address and I will get one out to you. :)
I greatly appreciate it, it would be a huge help to me.

As for the raffle I was going to do it through my facebook so that it would be easier to keep track of names.
Am I allowed to link that here?

I did go down to try to find it but it was already getting dark by the time I noticed it was gone and my middle daughter said that my youngest chucked it in.

My babysitter is on her way and I am going to go back out and drift down the creek looking for it.

I really do hope that someone finds it and returns it. Even if they keep the cash I would rather have my backpack, wallet and gopro.
I have the serial to the GoPro so when I get back I am going to report it missing.

Thanks again for your support everyone, its good to have friends that care.

Sorry, we don't allow links to Facebook that have anything to do with treasure hunting...

I will do your CM, but it will probably be Monday before it appears on your name since I'm doing it for another member..

I will pm you the adress...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, your CM is paid for, if you get access to CM forum before June 30th be sure you sign up for the Charter Member June giveaway, you never know....

PM sent...

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I truly am sorry for the loss but I have to admit that I am still laughing :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6:
But Kids will be kids, and we still love them regardless :angel7:

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks TH, I greatly appreciate it!

Reed, I know. I cant even really get mad at them though, I have more of the sick pit in my stomach feeling that being angry right now.

Ok, I am heading out now. If you guys don't hear from me in the next day send out the search parties to lower clear creek! lol
lol, luckily the water is a little low so not quite as crazy as usual. :)

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck and am sorry to hear about your misfortune.. I was thinking, it says you had weights in the pack and id be willing to bet that you pack is sitting on the bottom of the river somewhere not far from where it went in. Might have to do some swimming in a bunch of places but you just might find it, dont give up yet!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TH, I greatly appreciate it!

Reed, I know. I cant even really get mad at them

I know, I mean your 3 year old :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6:
All you can do is laugh and not leave anything close to him for another year :) I've been there. All kids love throwing your gear in the river at that age just to see your response

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck brother! Keep that smile on and you will find gold coin you have been looking for to make up losses. I hope you find it on a good semeritan. We all love your videos!

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whelp I did not find the backpack today.
I started above the gorge and ended close to the Honey Bee trail head, a few miles of creek.
I am quite tired and it took me a while to warm up again. x_x

While I was hanging my Lost signs up at the bathrooms I asked a few people if they had heard anything about it.
Apparently I had just missed (By about 20 or 30 minutes) a couple people that were fighting over a Burnt Orange backpack and who got to keep it.
The police showed up to settle matters and of course they aren't going to say they found it so they went off on their marry way with possibly my backpack.

This was at the Gold Dredge trail head (further down than I swam.)

I also forgot to include in my list a very nice 10.5" fixed blade Buck knife, it was a gift from a friend. :(

Whelp, I am going to eat dinner and go to bed.

Thanks again for your support everyone, G'Night.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So there's still hope... You would think that it would have gotten caught up in less than a mile unless there's a ton of water running... Hopefully it was found. Is there a phone# for someone to call?

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure I'll get some grief for saying this, but I really have to question the wisdom of having spent $300 of your last $345 on a new GoPro Camera, if you are currently down on your luck, and don't have a job.

I'm as charitable as the next guy... maybe more so... but feeding the family needs to come before replacing the GoPro.

Just sayin.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:censored: animals strike again, adios everything, bummer. Time for preservation aka CANCEL anything in that wallet and keep a close watch on your credit as info bought, traded and sold for drugs....:BangHead: John

Maxlfty

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry . Sucks to lose stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OWK, YouTube partnership.
I do get some money from my video's, so aside from enjoying doing it and trying make a little Pro-mining impact without getting too political about it, it is a tool that I use to make money, though I don't push my video's hard like some.
I am fortunate that people like my video's and that YouTube/GoogleAdSense pays me for that.

Also the $45-ish that was in my wallet was from cashing in gold.

I also own a few things of value and have sold a lot off in the past, I have not always been as broke as I am.
There was once upon a time when hard working folks and a strong Union kept American's employed and well paid, those times are changing and I was one of those "Changes" along with several hundred of my brothers and sisters.

Lets just say, thank god & good people for CalFresh (Foodstamps) because that makes it possible for me to pay my bills and buy essentials without having to worry about food.

So I hope that satisfies your thirst for a little insight into my financial wellbeing and motive behind having a GoPro, granted I did not need to explain myself at all but I hate unanswered questions in forums.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread