Gold Near Phoenix / Glendale AZ?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
C

CAG

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds Great! Thanks so much Terry

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to Treasure Net CAG. :hello:

You can pan Lynx Creek rec area outside of Prescott. Open to prospecting, biggest producing gold placer in Arizona, easy access, improved camping, much cooler, trees!, 5 minutes to town AND there is water in the creek.

Rich Hill (10 miles from Congress) and Little San Domingo (10 miles south of Wickenburg) are well known gold producing areas that have NO water and no legal prospecting access unless you belong to a club that has claims there.

Heavy Pans

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CAG

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you clay. Keeping me safe already

OP
OP
C

CAG

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agua fria river ofd limits in Glendale? Gila river? Producers even?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Agua fria river ofd limits in Glendale? Gila river? Producers even?

Not many places you could legally pan on those rivers. No gold in those areas so probably not worth finding out anyway.

If you want water and gold together it's pretty much just Lynx Creek in Arizona. Gold and water are a rare combination in Arizona, in those few areas that are open to mining that have both water and gold the lands have been claimed.

It is possible to occasionally find areas that meet your water/gold needs but you will have to learn research skills that go way beyond casual prospecting. I know of one TNetter that found a good claim with running water (dredgeable) this year within easy driving distance from Phoenix but he worked long and hard to find and claim that spot. It wasn't his first Rodeo. :laughing7:

You've been given the easy options. You can learn more skills and use them to find your own place, you can join a club or you can go to Lynx creek.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
C

CAG

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want water and gold together it's pretty much just Lynx Creek in Arizona. Gold and water are a rare combination in Arizona, in those few areas that are open to mining that have both water and gold the lands have been claimed

Clay is right about that! You have several methods you can use to recover gold here in Arid-Zona. One of the most common is dry washing, but that is nowhere near as effective as wet processing. The lack of water in the state means that about 99% of the time you'll have to haul your own water in with you. That means a lot of weight on top of your camping gear, mining equipment, food, and your drinking water. The type of system you plan on using as well as how long you're going to be out for will tell you how much water you'll have to bring. I run a re-circ system because I prefer wet processing due to its higher effectiveness. I'm out in the field usually for a month at a time so I have to haul a LOT of water. I've got 11 fifteen gallon barrels that I use for this job so I can haul 165 gallons of processing water at a time. Even with all that water I always have to make a run into town to refill the barrels before the month is over.

Not knowing how much experience you have under your belt, what kind of gear you've used etc makes it harder to make good suggestions. You've come to the right place to get answers. Everyone here is willing to help out as they can.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not many places you could legally pan on those rivers. No gold in those areas so probably not worth finding out anyway. If you want water and gold together it's pretty much just Lynx Creek in Arizona. Gold and water are a rare combination in Arizona, in those few areas that are open to mining that have both water and gold the lands have been claimed. It is possible to occasionally find areas that meet your water/gold needs but you will have to learn research skills that go way beyond casual prospecting. I know of one TNetter that found a good claim with running water (dredgeable) this year within easy driving distance from Phoenix but he worked long and hard to find and claim that spot. It wasn't his first Rodeo. :laughing7: You've been given the easy options. You can learn more skills and use them to find your own place, you can join a club or you can go to Lynx creek. Heavy Pans

It would not have been possible without the information I found on MyLandMatters and Clays help. (Thanx buddy) Do your research and you will prosper but Lynx creek is a great place and you don't have to worry about mineral trespass there.
Happy Hunting

treshuntintom

May 24, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CAG,welcome.Weaver mining moved their office June 1st.They are now located on hwy 89 in Congress.Summer hours,opened Tuesday And Friday.I have their
maps and info in Wickenburg if you need help.Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread