No Minning in MARIPOSA COUNTY???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a strong rumor that a advisory committee in Mariposa will be requesting at the Supervisors meeting on July 14th, to ban all minning in the county of all types. Their was a item on the June 2 meeting for proposed new regulations, but was withdrawn. This is a common tactic of green groups to gauge opposition, and allows them to come back unopposed. Let all claimholders in the county be put on notice...

Meeting Calendar - Mariposa County, California

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Maybe the law and the facts could be useful?"

Yea...that's workin real well here!

I haven't seen where anybody is sharing the law or the facts Hefty. They seem to be eternally buried under rumor and radio shock jock "law".

What's your alternative? More lawyers? Did the lawyers get your gear back?

Heavy Pans

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I haven't seen where anybody is sharing the law or the facts Hefty. They seem to be eternally buried under rumor and radio shock jock "law".

What's your alternative? More lawyers? Did the lawyers get your gear back?

Heavy Pans

Clay...I think everybody is running Gun Shy with what just happened here in Ca. As am I also...the way things are going...with facts and Law. Hell...I might not even be around by the time they get **** resolved.

Whats my alternative? There is none...but to let the people nip this in butt before this rumor becomes reality. Weather there are facts or Laws or not.

I got my gear back! No lawyers!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We really got to get those intent fonts- add Facetious to the list, please. Figured you (Barry) of all would see that pretty clear. Not saying there isn't truth to what I was saying there is and the "they" I am refereing to is anyone in opposition to mining, resource use and development or land access. Apparently your "they" includes a few of us. Every thread seems to get derailed by statements eluding to a profound indepth knowledge, wisdom, and insight as to what is going on. I'll say it, as i'm guilty of it myself I used to think I had some insight too- it's BULLS---! I was actually poking fun at that- my bad, just frustrated like everyone else. And Hefty is exactly right- read the Briefs and the supporting evidence, apply just a pinch of common sense, compare and apply supporting case law, not shock jock forum law as Clay states, read the oppositions ridiculous responses- all the things one normally does to make sense of an issue. it's like comparing a masters thesis to a high school term paper. And yet the high school term papers keep prevailing to the complete and utter dismay of us all. I applaud the glass half full crowds enthusiasm that our most recent spanking (in direct response to what some of us naysayers feared months ago) is actually a hidden blessing that will set the masses free. I especially appluad those that still believe it when they say "They can't do it, we have laws and rights that protect us". I am a realist the only FACT I know for certain is...... I used to have and be able to do a lot of sh-- that I can no longer do, at no fault or wrongdoing of my own, and it's getting worse not better. Tell yourself whatever makes ya sleep better or swallow the pill easier. What do we do? Well it's not our arguments, science, supporting law or facts thats for sure. So maybe it's our approach, maybe it's too little too late- who knows but it ain't workin and the more we behind the scenes pawns and players hopscotch across the playing field without direction or purpose the worst it gets. Sorry Oakview for the highjack and poor attempt at humour, and thank you for the heads up of "them" doing what "they" can't do, much like what "they" apparently did in Redding. Geez we all need a big o'glass of lighten the ---- up sometimes, we are indeed our own worst enemies! We can for sure substitute "miners" for "Irish" in the old joke about what your guaranteed to see at an Irish family reunion.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You want the truth? I guess it's time to let some of the cats out of the bag. Let's see if you can handle it, my friend.

Thanks for sharing that. You have chosen an interesting life. I'm guessing you don't know what I do for a living? :laughing7:

I'm glad you may get the chance to mine. I used to wear a suit too when dealing with the big mining companies. You will be pleased to know once you have a track record they can depend on the suit doesn't matter. :thumbsup:

I honor my nondisclosure agreements. I don't make a move publicly until I've got all the ducks lined up. I have a track record of success in dealing with the Department of Interior and the Department of Agriculture going back to 1984 - including getting Congress to put a muzzle on them (suit was required attire). Never once have I felt the need to share a rumor with the public, as I'm sure you are learning the "Big Boys" aren't fond of tipping their hand - or even letting anyone know they are in the game.

I wish you luck on your project. I don't know any listed mining companies that would be interested in mining gold in California, it's a very bad market for getting financing for even a sure bet, so good on you for getting someone interested.

It appears the "rumor" was public knowledge, as is required under the California sunshine in government laws. Several local people had already publicly addressed the absurdity of the proposal to ban mining and one knew enough about the law to cut the "advisory committee" off at the knees. A lot of the drama could have been avoided by just sharing the links to the already public information.

Once again the actual law was used to force the County to comply with procedure. It appears to me the light of day caused the roaches to give up and scuttle back to their dark hiding places. A very good example right in front of us why keeping the facts and the law secret is a losing proposition.

My point, once again, is the way miners and their organizations have been handling these attacks is counterproductive. Keep doing the same thing and you WILL get the same results. It's past time to quit blaming "crooked" judges for your failures. It would be more productive to take a hard look at the methods and theories being passed around that continue to fail.

Heavy Pans

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Wow...this has been flying around out there before Sept, 2014 ...if I am on the right one...ca29

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you everyone for the well wishes. I hope this goes as well as I think it will.

Clay,

I had to spend a few days on the phone discussing our agreements to find out whether or not I could even post what I did. It was okayed as long as I didn't post any names and I posted limited information. Much of what we are doing and will do is going to remain quiet for awhile.

People need to see that this can still be done to keep to the faith. Maybe once a few of us clear the way so to speak, more will follow.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:...It was never even presented. You can read the minutes....not even discussed....WITHDRAWN!!!!!!!!!!
Even so AMRA is saying it is an ACTIVE ongoing situation....basically it is now happening in secret. It was to come up in a zoneing discussion.
Fire....vote... out...tar and feather!!!! Supposedly it was a Supervisor who gave the heads up!!!! yet, when you research it looks like a NON-STARTER as Barry said!!!!!
Posed that question to AMRA and they state that in fact it is an ongoing situation:dontknow:....I'm trying to find out whatever I can......Mariposa County CA trying to ban mining on private land - American Mining Rights Association... the minutes scroll down to ca29 I believe that's it.http://mariposacountyca.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=15&ID=1359&Inline=True AMRA says there's an overview I don't see it. If someone has a more informative link please post it.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher you can read the proposal HERE. Just click on the "Printout" link to download the withdrawn proposal. I've read the proposal and it looks like once again we've been rope a doped into getting excited about something that doesn't exist.

Now how the heck does a group like WMA get sucked into this kind of BS. The proposals have been public for nearly a year, they only apply to mining on private land and there is nothing in the proposal to ban mining. :BangHead:

The plan that was just shot down would have permitted up to 20 acres of every 160 to be mined without a conditional use permit. That plan was pulled because some residents objected that the other alternative that required a conditional use permit for any mining at all should be considered. It appears that proposal is now back on the table. Not a win for miners.

If we don't read and understand this stuff before jumping to the conclusion that everyone is out to get us we will continue to waste valuable time and resources.

I hope the residents of Mariposa can come up with a plan that meets their obligations and allows the mining of private land to continue in a responsible way. Perhaps miners of private land in the county can be a part of that decision. If so I hope they can get their facts straight before they make ridiculous assumptions about mining being "banned" and, once again, shooting limited ammunition at the wrong targets. Screaming "the sky is falling" in a serious public meeting is counterproductive and ends up with all miners being painted as fools.

Frankly this trend of drama and BS being the operating method of mining groups on the left coast is becoming embarrassing to those of us in the industry. If small miners want industry support in the very real challenges they face it's time they get serious about defining their goals and wisely picking their battles. A good way to start would be to drop the ridiculous unwinnable claims of "takings" in the current consolidated cases and use that wasted money somewhere where there is a possibility of winning. The Rhinehart case would be a good place to give your support in my opinion. Please send your support to Brandon, or if you want to support him through one of the many mining organizations asking for your money please make it clear that you want your donation to support that case only.

The Soapbox is now available for anyone else. I've had my say.

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
When did option 3 come in???

http://www.mariposacounty.org/DocumentCenter/View/40544

MARIPOSA PLANNING
COUNTY OF MARIPOSA 5100 BULLION STREET • POST OFFICE BOX 2039 MARIPOSA, CALIFORNIA 95338–2039 209 . 966 . 5151 • FAX 209 . 742 . 5024
Sarah Williams, Director April 3, 2015 [email protected] Eileen Collins, Assistant Planner [email protected]
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING UPDATED NOTICE –
Reconsideration of Zoning Ordinance Amendment (ZA) No. 2014-078; County of Mariposa, proponent. Two options will be considered. Option 1: Proposed amendments to Mariposa County Code to implement General Plan provisions for processing Mining Permits. Text amendments are proposed to Chapter 17.20 Mountain Home zone, Chapter 17.24 Mountain Transition zone, Chapter 17.28 Mountain General zone, Chapter 17.32 General Forest zone, Chapter 17.36 Mountain Preserve zone, Chapter 17.40 Agriculture Exclusive zone, Chapter 17.48 Industrial Mining and Chapter 17.148 Definitions. Additional amendments are proposed to County Code, Zoning, including to Section 17.108.110 to establish procedural requirements and development standards for small scale mining (applied through an administrative use permit).
On 12/16/14, this project was referred back to the Agricultural Advisory Committee and Planning Commission by the Board of Supervisors for further review. At hearings on 3/6/15 and 3/20/15, the Planning Commission considered the recommendation of the Agricultural Advisory Committee and adopted a resolution recommending the Board of Supervisors abandon ZA No. 2014-078 as initiated and initiate and approve a new General Plan/Zoning Ordinance Amendment to make small scale mining subject to an administrative use permit and to make all other mining subject to a conditional use permit; this is referred to as Option 2. To implement Option 2, amendments are needed to Chapters 5 and 11 of the General Plan. Amendments are also needed to Chapter 17.20 Mountain Home zone, Chapter 17.24 Mountain Transition zone, Chapter 17.28 Mountain General zone, Chapter 17.32 General Forest zone, Chapter 17.36 Mountain Preserve zone, Chapter 17.40 Agriculture Exclusive zone, Chapter 17.48 Industrial Mining, Chapter 17.108 Supplementary Standards, and Chapter 17.148 Definitions
Board of Supervisors Hearing: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 Hearing Time: 2:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as possible Hearing Location: Mariposa County Government Center (upper level) 5100 Bullion Street, Mariposa, California
Detailed information regarding the amendments is available at www.mariposacounty.org/planning

Posted Notice •
•• • Reconsideration of ZA No. 2014-078, County of Mariposa April 3, 2015
Action: At the hearing, the Board of Supervisors will consider public input and take formal action to pursue either Option 1 or Option 2. The Board will continue the public hearing to a date a time certain, to enable publishing of the summary ordinance. At the continued public hearing, the Board will adopt a resolution approving ZA No. 2014-078 OR adopt a resolution abandoning ZA No. 2014-078 and initiating and approving a new General Plan/Zoning Ordinance to establish new policies and regulations for mining. Board action for either option will include findings, including an environmental determination, as well as waiver of first reading and introduction of an ordinance. Written comments may be made and submitted at any time during the public review period up to, and including, the public portion of the public hearing time. Comments received prior to completion of the Staff Report will be included and directly addressed in the Staff Report. Comments received prior to the Board of Supervisors’ hearing will be copied to be given to the Board. Letters or written comments submitted after the public input time of the public hearing will become part of the file documents, but will not become part of the record unless the public input time is reopened. You may submit written comments to P.O. Box 2039 Mariposa CA 95338 or directly to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors.
This action of the Board of Supervisors is the final county action on this project. Please be advised that any concerns or issues relating to the Zoning Ordinance Amendments project must be raised during the public review process described in this notice, if those issues are to be used for the basis of a future court challenge. If you challenge the action of the Board of Supervisors to approve or deny Reconsideration of Zoning Amendment No. 2014-078 in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Please contact Eileen Collins at Mariposa Planning, (209) 742-1220, to discuss your concerns, or for more information on the project or the Board of Supervisor’s meeting. E-mail may be sent to [email protected].
This notice is being provided pursuant to Section 17.132.020 of the Mariposa County Code.
Posting Locations: Mariposa County Clerk’s Office Mariposa County Courthouse Mariposa County Planning Department Mariposa Post Office Bootjack Store Catheys Valley Post Office Coulterville Post Office El Portal Post Office Fish Camp Post Office Greeley Hill Market Hornitos Post Office Lake Don Pedro Market Midpines Post Office Wawona Post Office Woodland Gas, Food, & Liquor Yosemite Valley Post Office Yosemite West Community Board www.mariposacounty.org/planning
Posting Date: 4/3/15 •
Leave Posted Until: 5:00 p.m. 4/14/15

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Barry!!! I hope you see that I'm trying to stop Chicken Little. I found what info I could post and encourage more looking and info from others. It sucks when you use the info and links cited by an Org. and they don't go to the most informative or original source/info.
There is a lot more information shown on this forum and relevant discussion than on the AMRA site or their facebook page.
More correct and in depth info by these " MINING RIGHTS" groups is definitely needed.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to ask does "Withdrawn" mean just that?....this is off the table essentially?

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would like to ask does "Withdrawn" mean just that?....this is off the table essentially?

More than likely it will be brought back with options 1,2 and 3 on the table.

This is all about private property rights in one county. It has nothing to do with mining on public lands. Unless you are a resident of the county, own property there or are an expert on zoning law as it relates to mining you don't really have a say in this Mariposa County business.

Heavy Pans

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clay Diggins- "Frankly this trend of drama and BS being the operating method of mining groups on the left coast is becoming embarrassing to those of us in the industry. If small miners want industry support in the very real challenges they face it's time they get serious about defining their goals and wisely picking their battles."

And who best to guide, mentor and offer thar much needed support and funding than the "big boys" in the industry? After all, these law suits effect all miners large and small right? BS! Where have they been for the last umpteen years now. Like them or not, agree with them or not, the various mining groups are the only ones I've seen so far standing up and doing anything to help us out. They are all MINERS not lawyers who for better or worse decided to commit and try to make a difference to fix this. Don't see many of the Industry "Big Boys" lining up to proudly display their logos on any of our banners as they do the Sierra Fund's or the other "Green Mining" iniatives lining up out there in profitville!

It's like we are all a bunch of talk show hosts who "obviously" have all the right answers and know what needs to happen. It's real simple; When your hurt you go to the Dr, if no Dr. is availible your forced to do the doctoring yourself or find someone willing to help you out. Right or wrong, good technique or bad, beggars can't be choosey and shouldn't complain about the care their given.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread