No Minning in MARIPOSA COUNTY???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a strong rumor that a advisory committee in Mariposa will be requesting at the Supervisors meeting on July 14th, to ban all minning in the county of all types. Their was a item on the June 2 meeting for proposed new regulations, but was withdrawn. This is a common tactic of green groups to gauge opposition, and allows them to come back unopposed. Let all claimholders in the county be put on notice...

Meeting Calendar - Mariposa County, California

Upvote 0

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Goldwasher you can read the proposal HERE. Just click on the "Printout" link to download the withdrawn proposal. I've read the proposal and it looks like once again we've been rope a doped into getting excited about something that doesn't exist.

Now how the heck does a group like WMA get sucked into this kind of BS. The proposals have been public for nearly a year, they only apply to mining on private land and there is nothing in the proposal to ban mining. :BangHead:

The plan that was just shot down would have permitted up to 20 acres of every 160 to be mined without a conditional use permit. That plan was pulled because some residents objected that the other alternative that required a conditional use permit for any mining at all should be considered. It appears that proposal is now back on the table. Not a win for miners.

If we don't read and understand this stuff before jumping to the conclusion that everyone is out to get us we will continue to waste valuable time and resources.

I hope the residents of Mariposa can come up with a plan that meets their obligations and allows the mining of private land to continue in a responsible way. Perhaps miners of private land in the county can be a part of that decision. If so I hope they can get their facts straight before they make ridiculous assumptions about mining being "banned" and, once again, shooting limited ammunition at the wrong targets. Screaming "the sky is falling" in a serious public meeting is counterproductive and ends up with all miners being painted as fools.

Frankly this trend of drama and BS being the operating method of mining groups on the left coast is becoming embarrassing to those of us in the industry. If small miners want industry support in the very real challenges they face it's time they get serious about defining their goals and wisely picking their battles. A good way to start would be to drop the ridiculous unwinnable claims of "takings" in the current consolidated cases and use that wasted money somewhere where there is a possibility of winning. The Rhinehart case would be a good place to give your support in my opinion. Please send your support to Brandon, or if you want to support him through one of the many mining organizations asking for your money please make it clear that you want your donation to support that case only.

The Soapbox is now available for anyone else. I've had my say.

Heavy Pans

Clay, you are correct about the Big Boys picking and choosing which legal challenges to step up to. Just saw that the American Exploration and Mining Association just filed an Amicus Brief on behalf of Rinehart in the California Supreme Court.

chupacabra

Jul 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oakyview, Have you guys met the men who owns the Fremont property? I see they've been doing a lot of work on that hill..

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I think Shannon from AMRA has been in contact with someone at California Mining Inc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread