IMG_20130821_172457.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, that day will come!!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course you know you're going to have to mke it through Arid-Zona first Kev. Standing invite is always there.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my better cleanups so far. El Dorado county CA

Attachments

• 1435900939011.jpg
    1435900939011.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 86

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always liked this shot. Not to shabby for a cell phone

Attachments

• 1435901119055.jpg
    1435901119055.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 90

ezrider2

Nov 17, 2014
Fairfax Va
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk Recon 2 and Boss 2, Custom made 52" river sluice, pans, Viper vac.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last clean up from the claim in NorCal ! Caught with a Bazooka and an AM 20150518_152235 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 20150518_152235 (1).jpg
    20150518_152235 (1).jpg
    834.2 KB · Views: 111

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think Goldenmojo, Fowledup and the Gilded Couple need to panning together;)

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You betcha, give me a month or so to get this dang sling off and we'll do it. Just got my shoulder done, how's the hubby coming along?

Ouchies. Just about ready to start strengthening in PT.... And then he dislocated his other shoulder.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a horrible button (1st time) that I tried to make yesterday, 6.8 grams (4.4dwt)

The middle picture is the Mercury covered gold that it was before I put it in a retort.
That was all recovered in Lower Clear Creek.

The bottom picture is a few days in the same spot previous to the last two pictures, I guess I added too much heat to the retort to have the gold stick together like this.
10.1 Grams.

After what I found last night I have now broken even with this spot as this is the same stretch that my backpack took a swim downstream.
That's life though, things come and go but good friends are here to stay and losing that backpack showed me just how many friends that I have here. :)

IMG_9011.JPG

IMG_8989.JPG

IMG_8966.JPG

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That clumped together gold after retorting is normal (you didn't necessarily run it too hot). It's a result of the reaction with the mercury.

Do you get more money for the gold once in a button?

PS congrats on getting back to break even...onward!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whelp as long as I didn't screw it up. :D
When I made the button I thought that I screwed up badly, but I just didn't add enough flux.
When it cooled the first time it morphed into a brown fuzzy mess that sluffed off easily, oiy. x_x

Unfortunately I don't get any more money for gold being in a button up here, even though purity is higher and it has lost some weight.
In fact most places in Redding wont touch it and the places that will only will give about 45-50% spot.

Their reasoning behind that is because they don't know the purity (Even though they can acid test it) and they don't know if its melted down stolen jewelry (this I a legitimate concern but then why still buy it at a lower price?)
Honestly its just the gold market trying to make more money up here.

Fortunately I do have one shop in town that I go to that doesn't rake me over the coals like the rest.
They usually get all of my gold that I do not sell privately.

I hope that you guys don't get the same BS treatment like we can have out here. :(

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The local prospecting shop pays well for placer dust...I think they sell most of it to paydirt sellers. To make serious money, sell your own line of paydirt!!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have thought about selling paydirt but never did it.
I would probably call the bag Condor Cons or something ridiculous like that. :D

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little Placer County Yella

IMG_20150706_194948.jpg

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
bump up Fowledup,, my four day weekend, just memorys now

Attachments

• 64470_07.jpg
    64470_07.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 72
  • gold pan 1.JPG
    gold pan 1.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 78

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
When I made the button I thought that I screwed up badly, but I just didn't add enough flux.
When it cooled the first time it morphed into a brown fuzzy mess that sluffed off easily, oiy. x_x

Unfortunately I don't get any more money for gold being in a button up here, even though purity is higher and it has lost some weight.
In fact most places in Redding wont touch it and the places that will only will give about 45-50% spot.

Their reasoning behind that is because they don't know the purity (Even though they can acid test it) and they don't know if its melted down stolen jewelry (this I a legitimate concern but then why still buy it at a lower price?)

Fortunately I do have one shop in town that I go to that doesn't rake me over the coals like the rest.

I hope that you guys don't get the same BS treatment like we can have out here. :(
I had the same experience in St. Louis Misery when I melted down a bunch of silver contacts. they gave me the stinky eye and kept looking to the County cop watchman that was busy gabbing to another person. I had melted the silver off the copper bars to sell the copper seperatly. they said bring it all in or no deal! this was about 30 years ago.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nevada city, Grass valley will pay 80% of spot, place i go to has one of them fancy readers (precous metal analyer) can't remember what they told was the cost $18,000 I think for one of them as i was told
Oh, and it don't matter at the local shop, flakes, nuggets (no matter the size) and buttons, last one (button i sold was tested 89% au and 18% ag) still only got 80%
when i had the mining supply shop business this is who i dealt with 98%, and of course fees
NTR Metals | Precious Metals Refiner, Market Maker, and Bullion Mint

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread