Miners daily routine

alexias2

Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a place to share out morning routines. I shall start.

First I wake up at 6:00am. I make coffee and have a shower with it, I then get dressed into my mining gear to start the work day. I then have another coffee and turn TV on look at the stock market, since I am also a gold trader, as well was a miner(multi-euntrapenerlalisim). I browse internet. I then start the car at 12:00pm, and travel a few quarter miles to my mining location. I start to dig and sample ground, depending on the day. At 3:00pm I get back to house and have snack and watch TV while checking stock market. I then have have coffee and go to bed at 3:00am, and I start the day again until the weekend. :hello2:

Upvote 0

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other

First I wake up at 6:00am. I make coffee and have a shower with it, I then get dressed into my mining gear to start the work day. I then have another coffee and turn TV on look at the stock market, since I am also a gold trader, as well was a miner(multi-euntrapenerlalisim). I browse internet. I then start the car at 12:00pm, and travel a few quarter miles to my mining location. I start to dig and sample ground, depending on the day. At 3:00pm I get back to house and have snack and watch TV while checking stock market. I then have have coffee and go to bed at 3:00am, and I start the day again until the weekend. :hello2:

Just curious...In what state does this routine take place in?

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well..much different than what I do.

Many times I cannot sleep the night before, awaiting my partner to arrive at our meeting place around dawn. An hour +/- drive to the where we park, and another hour +/- trek to the claim.
Setup takes anywhere from minutes to about a half an hour. Boulder prep and overburden takes anywhere from no time at all to a few hours.
Then RunRunRun the dirt. Somewhere from 25-70buckets a day, depending on overburden, weather and overall strength.
Pan at the river to gain That much more time away from the city
Pack up an hour before dusk. Home by 10 with au in the vial

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Many times I cannot sleep the night before, awaiting my partner to arrive at our meeting place around dawn. An hour +/- drive to the where we park, and another hour +/- trek to the claim.
Setup takes anywhere from minutes to about a half an hour. Boulder prep and overburden takes anywhere from no time at all to a few hours.
Then RunRunRun the dirt. Somewhere from 25-70buckets a day, depending on overburden, weather and overall strength.

Sounds about spot on to what I'm use to doing

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you sleep three hours....wake up sit around for six hours....dig for three hours...then sit around for nine hours again....and you can get up to a half ounce a day on your ground.....I'm also going to start taking coffee showers!!!!!

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010

First I wake up at 6:00am. I make coffee and have a shower with it, I then get dressed into my mining gear to start the work day. I then have another coffee and turn TV on look at the stock market, since I am also a gold trader, as well was a miner(multi-euntrapenerlalisim). I browse internet. I then start the car at 12:00pm, and travel a few quarter miles ??? to my mining location. I start to dig and sample ground, depending on the day. At 3:00pm I get back to house and have snack and watch TV while checking stock market. I then have have coffee and go to bed at 3:00am, and I start the day again until the weekend. :hello2:

To me this is an "all day" routine. AND ALOT OF WASTED TIME! Come on man... get your act together!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just curious...In what state does this routine take place in?

Not mountain or western since the markets close at 2 pm here in Mountain Time and 1pm on the west coast. Plus 3 hours sleep from 3 am to 6 am means this guy is running on caffeine.

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
Not mountain or western since the markets close at 2 pm here in Mountain Time and 1pm on the west coast. Plus 3 hours sleep from 3 am to 6 am means this guy is running on caffeine.

This person has the most ridiculous threads I've read on this forum, as many have already pointed out... but, for some reason I keep reading...I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me? lol... At least we're starting to piece this together a little.. Maybe after like 10 more threads we will have somewhat of an idea of what's going on here :dontknow: In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy, purely on an entertainment factor.

sublimages

Jun 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

With all that driving and walking i would spend a couple days once i got there, but i like sleeping in the woods. As long as no bears try to keep me warm.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With all that driving and walking i would spend a couple days once i got there, but i like sleeping in the woods. As long as no bears try to keep me warm.

I work 2 jobs, 6days a week.
I wish I was as fortunate as thou

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahhhh Once again a thread from you that make zero sense. Too much wasted time, not enough sleep and work methods that are self-defeating. You must have a pretty big place if you have to drive "a few quarter miles" to get to your work area which you stated in another thread is on your own property.

When I'm out in the field, I'm up at 5 am, Coffee I.V. inserted into my arm, :coffee2: (I alternate arms. Left on even numbered days and right on odd) No Breakfast as my stomach doesn't wake up till about noon and then I start to dig by 6:30. Dig all day and stock pile materials for a couple of days until I have enough to warrant running them. Knock off work about 30 minutes before sunset and fix something to eat. Then relax until about 9ish and rack out. Repeat on a daily basis Until it's time to go into town to restock on supplies for the next month. :headbang: I am on site for a month at a time during digging season here in the desert. Summers here are too hot for anything but "Mad dogs ans Englishmen" to be out in.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

"Uh yeah, that is uh.....Morgan Fairchild! Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket!" Tommy Flannigan is that you? Welcome to Tnet!:thumbsup: It's me Matt Foley, I haven't seen ya since you visited me at my van down by the river! Remember we smoked some doobies!

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I belive it is spelled " Doobies"......in the theme of these threads I think we should really strive for accuracy. ......someone has too...lmao

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my head is now Matt Foley....running around on three hours sleep dripping with coffee : )

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, troll confirmed! Cease and desist troll, lol

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am really beginning to think we ARE dealing with a language barrier thing. I'm gonna bet that alexias is more than likely somewhere across the big pond and is using google translator to translate to Engrish.

On a side note though, I do have a question. What is this sleep thing you are all talking about? It seems like all the cool kids are doing it and I want to be in the "cool club" too. So come on, one of you spill the beans on this sleep thing. I think I might want to try it too, just to be in the "cool club". :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread