Sniping for the first time with NeoTokyos snuffer bottles.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sniping for the first time with NeoTokyo's snuffer bottles.

Well I finally was able to get out and sneak away for a few hours and try some sniping. NeoTokyo was nice enough to send me some of his snuffer bottles that he makes for sniping. Surprisingly I ended up with more gold than I got with my bazooka last time I was at this river :D I gotta say sniping is a lot harder than it looks on youtube haha but just as fun as it looks too. If I didn't have to pick my son up at daycare I'd probably be shivering down in the river right now still lookin for gold :laughing7:.

20150717_182105.jpg 20150717_225311.jpg

The snuffer bottle that Neo makes is definitely an awesome tool for the job, the curved hard tip is great for getting down in the cracks. I used the larger one he sent me but I'm gonna have to try the smaller one out on Sunday when I get out again. He sells them at Miners Cache in Redding if any of you are in that area are interested in getting one otherwise he's a charter member now so I'm guessing he can sell them on here. Thanks again Neo for the bottles, they helped make for a great day on the river!

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post by TreasureNet rules.

"Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic

Posts should be suitable for all ages, on topic, concise, and courteous.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner."

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where would we be with out the sniffer bottle and pan. I am a newbie but have found some gold. With out the sniffer it would be very hard. Glad yours did so well.
Good luck out there! :hello:
HH

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post by TreasureNet rules.

"Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic

Posts should be suitable for all ages, on topic, concise, and courteous.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner."

Did the post this is addressing get deleted? Otherwise I don't see what it's addressing in this thread?

I am in need of a larger snuffer myself, I think this will be one of my next purchases!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the post this is addressing get deleted? Otherwise I don't see what it's addressing in this thread?

I am in need of a larger snuffer myself, I think this will be one of my next purchases!

Yes all gone. Imagine most people who search keep one in their arsenal.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome!
I am glad that you have been able to get out and use it and found some gold with it. :)
I cant wait to see what more you can find with it.

I didn't get to see the earlier post either, not exactly sure what it was about but I don't have any private messages so I guess it wasn't directed at me.

Either way, I try to make good on my shipping, I have had a ridiculous month and if I have forgotten an inquiry just message me again. :)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Also I have been late on getting my first set of shipments out, everyone will be getting some freebies with them to compensate for being late. :)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So its coming close to a year, how is that bottle treating ya?

Let me know, I am interested to see how they are holding up.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you still selling them through the Miners Cache? I'll be that way in a couple of weeks and will have to grab a few. I have had snuffer envy since I found your videos last year

ratled

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am, last time I checked he has 1 plastic tube 24oz bottle left and 2 3/8" copper tube 24oz bottles left.
I need to restock him with a few more of each.

I am not 100% sure if he rose his prices but they could be $20 and $25 there.

I am not selling the 12oz bottles right now because of quality concerns for the lid plastic cracking around the tube, so I am looking for other bottles that have a better lid.
No one has come to me yet with this problem, it is just something that I found while abusing the heck out of my bottles.
Its too bad because the bottle itself has great springback and lasts a long time.

I did make a copper tube version of the 12oz bottle but I don't know if people would be too keen on spending $20 bux for that size bottle.
With copper and fittings my price rose around $7 dollars more a bottle to make, but the quality is reflected in that increase.

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NeoTokyo - there is nothing wrong with making a quality product and charging a fair price for it. Heck, one little picker will pay for the suction bottle anyway.

OP
OP
CA Gold Hunter

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So its coming close to a year, how is that bottle treating ya?

Let me know, I am interested to see how they are holding up.

It's been workin great! I actually have used the bigger one the most because it has more suction it seems than the smaller one and a bit easier to keep track of under water. I haven't gotten a chance to get out sniping this year yet because it's been so cold but I can't wait to get back in the water. I tried a bit last weekend but the water was so cold my hands would go numb just being in there for a few minutes haha so I had to stick to running the sluice. The smaller one has come in real handy though for gettin all the black sand out of my pans.

Last edited:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have one of those... :-)
sucker.jpg

AuTSaurus

Feb 22, 2007
So. Ca.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Goldbug2, Fisher CZ, White's Goldmaster, Vallon
On a side note, Bonaro, that old of a penny is/looks to be, in really good condition!!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome! Glad that you like them. :)
I did stop selling the smaller 8oz bottles because I felt the larger 12oz bottlers were a lot better plus my source for the 8oz bottles lost a lot of quality and springback of the plastic.
This seems to be a reoccurring problem with bottles, the quality changes even though its sold as the same. :(

I did confirm at the miners cache that the bottles are selling for $20 for the 24oz plastic tube version and $25 for the 24oz copper tube version.
As soon as I suitable 12oz bottles (the lids) again I will ask him to carry those for $15.

Bonaro, I love that little bottle. :D
That 1909 Penny is even cooler!

It's been workin great! I actually have used the bigger one the most because it has more suction it seems than the smaller one and a bit easier to keep track of under water. I haven't gotten a chance to get out sniping this year yet because it's been so cold but I can't wait to get back in the water. I tried a bit last weekend but the water was so cold my hands would go numb just being in there for a few minutes haha so I had to stick to running the sluice. The smaller one has come in real handy though for gettin all the black sand out of my pans.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh, I forgot to mention, I have gone out sniping a few times now with the larger 24oz copper tube bottle and it has awesome suction and can gather a lot more material if you like.
I have not had any clog up problems beyond the tip -YET- and I have it curved slightly so that you can keep the bottle fairly level while sniping.

I look forward to seeing the next time you get to get out and snipe with it. :)

PS. Placer I totally agree and with the new copper tubes the durability and performance has never been better, perhaps a $25 dollar MSRP isn't too high.
Chip has the turkey baster sniper tube next to mine in the store, the small one is $35 dollars!
I have not been to Howells Dive shop for a while but he had the x2 length turkey baster model in there for $45.
So I feel pretty good about my price right now. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread