Fool breathing in sulfur fumes!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a borehole dredge!!!!!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use borax and un-tanned goat skin, in conjunction with a hand held stone arastra! Esta muy bien on the fly poop gold!

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at a mine about a year ago that had closed in the 60's and the sulfur fumes were still evident.

As a kid I was given a Gilbert chemistry set and one experiment was to put some sulfur in a spoon and with the burner heat it from the bottom. When the sulfur fumes, smell it. Terrible idea! Impossible to breathe. Hard to believe these days that some company made this for kids to play with.
Another experiment told how to make gunpowder and a fuse.

I don't know how dangerous sulfur fumes are but in the mountains here there are places where the hot springs give off the fumes and can be strong in places.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You want to smell something really nasty, take a trip
to Trona, CA. some time...

Four or five deep breaths and you'll wanna ....
green.gif~original

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want to smell something really nasty, take a trip
to Trona, CA. some time...

Four or five deep breaths and you'll wanna ....
green.gif~original

Looks like paradise:tongue3:

OP
OP
A

alexias2

Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about others, but I have always disliked people that refuse to educate themself then run around and proclaim they know the facts and scare other fools. That's how the greenies work. For example, in the case of arsenic, you will find an article that states that polluted well water is a major source of arsenic resulting from mining waste. But when you look at the facts used, they were refering to Bangladesh for gods sake! NOT the USA. They are talking about 3rd world problems of pollution related to mining. But people see that part 'arsenic in ground water from gold mining' and they blow a cork and run around screaming the sky is falling!

Arsenic is Arsenic! Does not matter if it is from a country less advanced then medieval Europe such as india or other india like countries. Just look at the terrible effects it has had on the health of the country, look at all the birth defects it has caused.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Arsenic is Arsenic! Does not matter if it is from a country less advanced then
medieval Europe such as india or other india like countries. Just look at the terrible effects it has had on the
health of the country, look at all the birth defects it has caused.

Man shares all that information with you, and you learned nothing.

Me thinks thou art tilting at windmills...
ufo-021.gif~original

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with ALexias2, I been following this issue for a longtime and I can tell you it's as bad if not worse than Methylated Dihydrogenmonoxyide, stuff is everywhere, I haven't found a link yet but I'm positive it can be tied to GLOBAL warming!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
LMFAO

I agree with ALexias2, I been following this issue for a longtime and I can tell you it's as bad if not worse than Methylated Dihydrogenmonoxyide, stuff is everywhere, I haven't found a link yet but I'm positive it can be tied to GLOBAL warming!

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Democratic Presidential candidate Martin O'Malley linked the rise of ISIS to global warming. Oops, sorry climate change. That way regardless of whether the Earth cools or warms it is still our fault.

And yes. I am serious. O'Malley did.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hydrogen sulfide having a reaction with iron and oxygen to form Sulfur Dioxide - SO2 is 2.264 X heaver than air.
only a problem for people that are sensitive or asthmatic, still wouldn't put my tent down hill from that spot.

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dihydrogenmonoxyide, yea it's some bad stuff. The majority of it is attached to sodium chloride. Quite a lot of people die from it every year. Maybe it should be banned.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dihydrogenmonoxyide, yea it's some bad stuff. The majority of it is attached to sodium chloride. Quite a lot of people die from it every year. Maybe it should be banned.

I agree!

Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide!

The Invisible Killer

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
may cause severe burns.
contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

as an industrial solvent and coolant.
in nuclear power plants.
in the production of styrofoam.
as a fire ******ant..
in many forms of cruel animal research.
in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The Horror Must Be Stopped!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look guys, we've tried forever to get that stuff banned and it will never happen.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep a curse and a blessing on mining for centuries. The effects are really starting to show, especially now in the tailings were seeing everywhere.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing we as a nation have let this problem persist for such a long time........shameful

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread