Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
My mining buddy stopped by to show off his find. A 1.6 gram Rock -- I found the fines drywashing and the arrowhead showed up in the hopper. Interesting thing about the arrowhead is it sticks to a magnet , could it be Magnetite ?
Thanks for looking.
Mike
nug.jpg

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats to you on some nice Gold and arrowhead and to your buddy on the Gold nugget! I found a Pre-Woodland Native American Indian Fishing Point once while Gold prospecting outside of Lexington, North Carolina many years ago. I got bored with highbanking where everyone else highbanked, so I took my' Gold pan and Classifiers up the small stream to do some sampling. I got the Fishing Point in the very first shovel full of material. It was unbelievable that the Fishing Point was perfect and undamaged even though it may have been in that stream since before the birth of Christ. I gave it to a Boy Scout Troop only to find out later that it was quite valuable, go figure!

Frank

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shine for the Isabella area. Saw a pic of it and almost got sick and the river omg. Spent much time there on a friends estate by Bodfish and the mighty Kerns now a creek --- amazing-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread