Small miner can make more than a bigger one...

alexias2

Jul 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done some maths and found out how big the overhead cost for large scale placer mining is. The initial investment for buying the equipment is huge, then you have fuel cost, and greedy employees to pay, as well as food! At the end of it a yearly personal wage is only $90,000 or something modest.

Then I thought, a small scale miner using hand tools, and small power equipment could make a lot more. Even if it was a joint venture and it was drawn up as 50% profit to each member, the potential to become a millionaire is just off the map. They upkeep is almost not even $10 per day, you can have a coffee whenever you feel like it without your annoying employer yelling. You are annoyed less by environment government agencies. And you are digging in higher pay dirt since you a also sniping it, instead of spay and pray as do the larger boys do with their huge machinery that costs over $200 per hour on just a machine of fuel!

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Geez guys cut em some slack! A Practical application of facts is not a prerequisite to be a part of the opposition, they look more for those that lean towards the social dependency arts like Bovine Scientology, grifting, and the practical application of the Lemming syndrome. His figures may seem a bit off to some of us but hey if they were ever needed for a scientific study or as evidence in a court case I'm sure they'd be just fine!

:laughing7:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey now ................ lets not start acting like guberment on here . Let Alexias talk ..........
ain't gona hurt nothing .

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
This Thread makes about as much sense as a saying my cousin told me when I was about 11 years old! It goes like this: "Hark, I thought I heard a Possum fart, I ran away snitch and snatch because I did not want to do the damn play anyway!":icon_scratch:

Frank

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This Thread makes about as much sense as a saying my cousin told me when I was about 11 years old! It goes like this: "Hark, I thought I heard a Possum fart, I ran away snitch and snatch because I did not want to do the damn play anyway!":icon_scratch:

Frank

Persactly!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"Spay and pay"? What in Sam H3ll does the removal of a female canines ovaries have to do with gold mining for chits sake? I'm having enough trouble following along with your futuristic "out of the box" complex views of gold processing and production, let's not confuse the issues anymore than necessary! I'm concentratin hard on this so don't lose me now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread