Gatesville General Store

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Gatesville store is pretty much the hub for gold prospecting in Indiana.
This is a fundraiser for the Gateville Store they were wiped out by a flood and are not able to have flood insurance Give what you can and thank you all this is a prospector friendly business and they are always helping fellow prospectors

COMBINED CHAPTER FUNDRAISER FOR ROBIN AND DOUG of THE GATESVILLE GENERAL STORE. Sponsored by Northeast Illinois Gold Prospectors (NEIL) and Central Indiana Gold Prospectors (CIG) Chapters. Here’s how it works: Northeast Illinois Gold Prospectors has special scoops of paydirt available for $10 a scoop from now until August 10, 2015. Twenty (20%) from each scoop will be donated towards the fundraiser. Dennis Dayton of CIG will accept the payment into his PayPal account and notifiy NEIL of how many scoops to pack and ship. A shipping charge of $4.00 per soft sided package from USPS and $6.00 for larger boxes will need to be included in the payment. A video of the paydirt tub is already on Dennis’s “You Tube” site and shows how the tub was enhanced with gold flakes and pickers. Pictures of results from a sample scoop were posted on GoldProspectorsSpace.com by Chris Russo. This fundraiser will go from now until August 10, 2015. We thank you and bless you for your contributions.
Chris Stuewe: 708-473-4690 Northeast Illinois Gold Prospectors — [email protected]
Arlene Blaha: 708-650-4900 Northeast Illinois Gold Prospectors -- [email protected] PO Box 2134 Des Plaines, IL 60017
Dennis Dayton: 812-525-7155 Central Indiana Gold Prospectors. Go to PayPal send donations to: [email protected] “Also please make sure when they send me money, they send it as a friend, and in the comment section they need to put their full name and address so I can pass it on to you”

Thank you and best regards
Chris Stuewe, President, Northeast Illinois Gold Prospectors
Arlene Blaha, Secretary, Northeast Illinois Gold Prospectors
Dennis Dayton, Central Indiana Gold Prospectors

Last edited:
Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Ive been there several times over the years and these are really nice people and Robin really serves up a GREAT breakfast/lunch of large portions at a very reasonable price! ofcourse that's after they reopen!

OP
OP
Jimmydolittle

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Our club, Southern Indiana Chapter of GPAA, meet there every 2 Saturday of the month from March through October, at the shelter house. It is open year round. The creek is usually accommodating, we have had an unusually wet year. You will be welcome anytime.
I'd like to swing by that general store sometime to see the creek. If I made it out there this fall, would a person still be able to sluice and pan?

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This really sucks to hear. I was just at the store the week before the flood and had a great experience. Robin loaned me a pan and classifier with no hesitation because I left mine at home like a moron, and couldn't really afford to drive 4 hours round trip to go home and get it. Everyone I met there was good people. I'll be sure to send some money in the morning when I get off work for a few bags. Cant say enough good things bout Robin.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a couple photos of the store.

robin.jpg
Robin on the front porch. not sure the date but guessing sometime in the 70's?

store.JPG
A more recent photo of the store.

inside store.jpg
Inside the store

I was there yesterday and had a great day........Donation sent
GG~

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to swing by that general store sometime to see the creek. If I made it out there this fall, would a person still be able to sluice and pan?

Duckshot,

Panning, sluicing, high banking, dredging, trommeling, etc. are available year round (when the creek isn't frozen over) Sluicing of course is dependent upon water levels and flow.

PM me if you go and I'll make every effort to meet you there. As Jimmy suggested try to coordinate your visit with a club meeting:icon_thumleft:

GG~

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been meaning to get out some this year but my Dad has been real sick and I've been taking care of him, he passed away on 7-23-15 and I'm sure going to miss him he would always ask what I found when detecting and sluicing and enjoyed seeing my finds. Are you able to still sluice there? for when I'm ready to get out some this year.

OP
OP
Jimmydolittle

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Real sorry to hear that news.
I've been meaning to get out some this year but my Dad has been real sick and I've been taking care of him, he passed away on 7-23-15 and I'm sure going to miss him he would always ask what I found when detecting and sluicing and enjoyed seeing my finds. Are you able to still sluice there? for when I'm ready to get out some this year.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Getting out doing some gold work is good therapy. I lost my dad to cancer just over 5 years ago, June 2010. Many of us here have lost someone dear to us. Working in the creek, out in God's beautiful creation, seems to work for me. Good luck with coping and may your pans be filled with Indiana gold.

OP
OP
Jimmydolittle

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do not know from this fundraiser, but will try to find out. They have access to the Go Fund Me account that was set up for them. The last day to purchase dirt is the 10th.
Do we know when the donations are going to be presented?

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Central Indiana Gold Prospectors, will be doing a cleanup on the property next weekend, at which time the funds will be given to Robin and Doug.

Hopefully I'll have my paydirt (4 scoops) by then so I can donate it to them in person as an added bonus.
GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully I'll have my paydirt (4 scoops) by then so I can donate it to them in person as an added bonus.
GG~

The paydirt came in Today! I plan to add all the gold I've recovered at Salt Creek this year to it, It's not much but every little bit helps.
I'm sure that Robin and Doug will get a kick panning it out.

I'll be there this Sunday 08/16/2015 to present it to them in person. I'll also be testing out my new fluid bed gold trap sluice, highbanker, 3" dredge combo on wheels.

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread