Anyone do their own drill core maps?

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No need for them, I use my metal detector to find pays streaks so small you would need an electron microscope to see. Then I use my gold magnet to pick it all up, it's great because it literally only takes me a around 35 minutes to do and I'll get around 15 oz of gold a day with this method. I was using a sluice but it is completely useless and inefficient, can't believe all the old timers wasted their time with those relics. I have a 100% recovery rate with my method. So you can see drill maps would just be a waste of money. I run a small operation as well as I can keep all 15 oz a day and not have to pay all the overhead those large mining operations have to deal with. Those guys barely break even so I'm not sure why they are even in this business.

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No need for them, I use my metal detector to find pays streaks so small you would need an electron microscope to see. Then I use my gold magnet to pick it all up, it's great because it literally only takes me a around 35 minutes to do and I'll get around 15 oz of gold a day with this method. I was using a sluice but it is completely useless and inefficient, can't believe all the old timers wasted their time with those relics. I have a 100% recovery rate with my method. So you can see drill maps would just be a waste of money. I run a small operation as well as I can keep all 15 oz a day and not have to pay all the overhead those large mining operations have to deal with. Those guys barely break even so I'm not sure why they are even in this business.

Everyone knows this method is even outdated. Those of us ahead of the curve buy 50 gallon drums of gold chloride and a few petri dishes of Cupriavidus metallidurans; my morning routine is making myself a cocktail of the two in the blender then a few hours later I am literally finding bricks of gold! Pan those nuggets.

Last edited by a moderator:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everyone knows this method is even outdated. Those of us ahead of the curve buy 50 gallon drums of gold chloride and a few petri dishes of Cupriavidus metallidurans; my morning routine is making myself a cocktail of the two in the blender then a few hours later I am literally sh*tting bricks of gold! Pan those nuggets.

rofl.gif~original

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
noiting like morning humor and a cup of coffee

Attachments

• luaghingoldman.jpg
    luaghingoldman.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 278

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Since anyone that is serious about getting gold will keep records of what they find where this is quite the inane question. If a person records their finds be it by drilling or pan sampling it shows that they're organized in their methods. If they're smart, they don't share this information with ANYONE. Yet again you ask questions that are intrusive and lack any real meaning. I do believe the time has come to hit the IGNORE button. Can you say good-bye? I knew you could!!!!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
noiting like morning humor and a cup of coffee

What the heck F? That's just plain wrong! I told you I can't have my picture on the internet, now the anti's will be able to put a face to the name! Thanks for nuttin honey!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I must disagree with your comment..."I was using a sluice but it is completely useless and inefficient, can't believe all the old timers wasted their time with those relics" I think what you need is what I have right here.. I give you thee..."High production sluice"
Sure you might need to classify.....

DSCN8874.JPG

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's pretty big for a hand sluice. You haul that big a** thing out into the field?

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a bunch of those before Doc went out of business. Worked pretty good for cleaning black sands too.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone do their own drill maps here? And if so please share your experience. :notworthy:

Yes, I do. Tell you what, why don't you just tell me where this is at and I'll come mine it for you and give you half after expenses.

If you cannot figure out how to do something as simple as a drill map, then you really shouldn't be mining as you are going to do something stupid and get yourself either hurt or killed thus making it tougher on those of us who do things right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread