Outprospecting

Greenie
Jan 10, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab E-Trac, Whites GMT, Falcon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi y'all, I'm RVing this summer through the Mother Load and it is spectacular (and cooler than Florida)! Currently doing some prospecting in the Grass Valley area then heading to Oroville in another week. To avoid spending a couple days of driving around, I am hoping someone can provide information on public land in the Oroville area where sluicing, metal detecting is allowed. Not sure what government agency to contact for maps etc as it does not appear to be BLM or National Forest land. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chuck

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

Outprospecting

Greenie
Jan 10, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab E-Trac, Whites GMT, Falcon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kevin, fowledup is correct. As the name implies, it is right on the river and they say you can find color right there! Looking forward to getting there. The Nevada County Fairgrounds, where we are currently at, got a little more exciting. It is the base camp for about 700 firefighters and their equipment. Trucks and bulldozers rolling in and out 24 hours a day. It is amazing to watch.

We stayed at a campground outside of Colorado Springs for about a month last year. Beautiful place called Mountaindale Resort. Didn't do any prospecting, but enjoyed the weather. We bought a class a MH since we are on the road about 5 months a year but a travel trailer would be a lot more convenient in gold country. There are many roads I have to avoid.

Fowledup, were you able to find any info on Monte Cristo? I can try to dig up more info (no pun intended):)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread