HELP WITH A PLACE TO PAN IN PINE GROCE CA

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

The family and I are going to take the RV to a place in Pine Grove CA this weekend. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a spot to pan close by if its available. I see the Mokelumne is right near by. For some reason I am having a heck of a time getting the Mylandmatters maps to work on my computer...Thanks in advance! :3barsgold:

Upvote 0

rhinsb

Greenie
Oct 25, 2014
Santa Barbara
Detector(s) used
Goldbug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pi Pi campground just up the hill off Olmo Ranch road. There is a day use parking area if you didn't want to camp.
Move some rocks and dig a few feet down and you could get lucky!

kizzmo

Greenie
Apr 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could also look into roaring camp mining, it's in pine Grove and I think they have day access on Saturday?

calsierra-Dan

Jun 1, 2015
eldorado co.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Goldmonster 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
OH yea day access huh? ima have to look into that i called they wanted money told them i was a broke hillbilly just wanting to check it out ! But i was gonna say pi pi area too i was there a couple week ago took a couple pans a lil color i left it there for ya! good luck!

kizzmo

Greenie
Apr 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's true cal, I think it's like 40 bucks, you get to keep the gold you find and they have a steak and fried bread (to die for) BBQ that night as part of the deal, it may be expensive to some, but I think it might be worth it to go at least once if you're just passing through on vacation. I am kind of biased though, I'm going back there for another week of camping and mining on the 15th! Can't wait!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread